cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watchdog

N/A

watchdog

I just saw a new watchdog on bbc1 7pm and main item was bulldog broadband there are so many complaints about service/customer service does not exist, people disconected from bt then bulldog not connecting them, but taking money
it sounds like a nightmare

and still taking people on
what a terible way to run a co and worse still treating people as numbers and dont care about them, after all at the end of the day without people a buisness would fold Sad
35 REPLIES
N/A

watchdog

My jaw dropped when they said the show had 500 complaints regarding Bulldog and there are 20,000 people waiting for their connections :shock:
N/A

watchdog

i think i'll buy a horse off that guy - only 3 complaints!
N/A

watchdog

and that was because the saddle was on the wrong way lmao :lol: and bloody painfull
N/A

watchdog

Sad Plus Net may be next on that show they seem determined to upset as many as possible.
I asked for my MAC they said I must pay them a leaving fee to which I agreed on the understanding that I would seek it back in the small claims court later. Then they said my card was invalid to give them details of my new one, I have the same card that they have already used without problem, I checked my account and the expiry date had been changed? So I will amend it for them BUT they now refuse to take SWITCH and I will have to stay with them until a cheque has been cleared :idea: more money for them??
Their acts of desperation now border on criminal. They are going to new depths to get their customers money.
BBC Watchdog Hmmm thats a good idea
Community Veteran

watchdog

So I will amend it for them BUT they now refuse to take SWITCH and I will have to stay with them until a cheque has been cleared :idea: more money for them?Huh

This one's not their fault (although they could do more about it) their bank HSBC iirc told them off about switch solo delta and electron cards as a result they no longer (offiically) take them. Also cheque clearance = more money for bank not PN.
N/A

watchdog

Hi peepoil53
I like you have had to pay them their blackmail money to leave I just waiting for my Mac code ,I have reported them to Watchdog ,They might take it up as Iam sure I wont be the only one to complain to them about Plusnet.They slow their service [move the goalposts -new T C] they tell you if you are not happy with their service you can leave and they will pay and then tell you it will cost you £83.75 and they call BULLDOG .I like you will be tryinmg to claim the money back when my solicitor come sback off holidays as this cannot be right or legal
N/A

watchdog

The good thing about Small Claims court is that you do not incur great costs, but PN will attending it.

I trust that you do report them to Watchdog, as IPS firms are topical with them they could pick up the story.
N/A

watchdog

The good thing about Small Claims court is that you do not incur great costs, but PN will attending it.

I trust that you do report them to Watchdog, as IPS firms are topical with them they could pick up the story.

Just hope watchdog cover the customers happy with the service as well. I've yet to find a package offering what +net does at the same price. Customer service has always been excellent for me, but thehn I've not had problems where BT are involved. I wish people would stop slagging the ISP when they also get the run-around from BT. The broadband industry in general is poor in the UK. We are way behind compared to some other countries when it comes to fast cheap reliable access. Thats down to the infrastructure and the wholsale pricing. I for one love what +net do for the price.

For the people migrating, I'd love to see how much they pay for the package they have moved to, and does it offer the extras like +net.

2mb Premier for me rules. 2mb plus rules for many of my family and friends who don't regulary use p2p
N/A

watchdog

Just hope watchdog cover the customers happy with the service as well. I've yet to find a package offering what +net does at the same price. Customer service has always been excellent for me, but thehn I've not had problems where BT are involved. I wish people would stop slagging the ISP when they also get the run-around from BT. The broadband industry in general is poor in the UK. We are way behind compared to some other countries when it comes to fast cheap reliable access. Thats down to the infrastructure and the wholsale pricing. I for one love what +net do for the price.

For the people migrating, I'd love to see how much they pay for the package they have moved to, and does it offer the extras like +net.

2mb Premier for me rules. 2mb plus rules for many of my family and friends who don't regulary use p2p
N/A

watchdog

Do Watchdog only cover issues where every customer using the comapny are totally unhappy with them? Why can you not see that there are dozens of customers with PN who are totally unhappy with them. If you are happy fine, then feel sorry for those who are having problems and issues. Don't try and say that because evrything is hunky dory with you, that there is nothing wrong with this ISP, because the experience of some of us, and I believe if you look further than your own service and look at some of the things are doing to customers, is that they leave a great deal to be desired, to put it midly. Other threads have discussed in detail some of those issues, not least the termination of the account for two customers, but the debate on that is in another thread and not for here.

If you want to look around at other ISP's then try looking at F2S, many of the rest of us are, Prices compare well, speeeds sound good, extras fine, forums nice and quiet, lots of happy customers because they are still customer oriented, which PN were. Once upon a time not too long ago this Sheffield based firm were the bees knees, I would not be here otherwise, but they have forgotten that in the end to please the shareholders they have to have customers and that means pleasing the customers too, and in the last few months the amount of anger, dissatisfaction has grown to astronomic proportions. They clearly are not doing that for many of the new customers and also many of their long standing former devoted customers.
N/A

watchdog

But Watchdog like these forums should have balance. Trust me I've been with ISPs where CS is worse, you pay more etc.

As for F2s is there any fair use in thier terms and conditions for the more expensive unlimited package?

People have a right to complain, but people also have a right to applaud the fact their happy with the service theyv'e got.
N/A

watchdog

I have been with many ISPs too, None have manged to get every quiry that I have made wrong, none have booted customers for complaining, none have sold products they do not have, none have moved the goalposts and not told people and kept charging them, none have told lies in public like this lot, none have had to continually apologise for their poor handling the number of times these have done, none have changed products so many times, none have advertised in such a way that it is missleading, none have dramatically changed a product from what it was like Pn are now doing......I could list some problems with this firm if you want that.

If PN get on Watchdof Mr Armstrong will have the chance to appear himself and put the PN case, he can do a good spin, try the one about only two customers on here angry and then look at the poll, try his workmates who say that is not what he said, they will be able to look after themselves, but I would like to see them get that grilling on Watchdog.
N/A

watchdog

No watchdog actually are there to expose bad situations not to be a balanced advertising medium.
Plusnet built themselves a very good reputation backed by a first class product then found they could not handle the "Gold Dust Fever" as masses joined them nor could they supply the product as advertised. They then started to chip away and erode at the T&C to drive away heavy users also using underhand methods and plain deceit.
In the 5 months I have been here T&C have changed beyond belief and now the managers tell lies with an air of indifference to their customers and ignore and deride any complainers.
BTW in my 5 months so far I have never used 5gb in a month even with p2p so I am not a huge user depriving others, I am just scared of what this lot will do next.
All power corrupts - Absolute power corrupts absolutly
Plusnet + power + corrupts + absolutly = just do the maths
N/A

watchdog

well i am planning on paying 24.99 at freedom to surf for a 2mb connection happy to pay more for less crap....and they dont seem to have any moaning customers.

I dont use the web space so it a big waste also doesnt do what i require it to do so it sits doing nothing.

speeds are generally fast than plusnet and the old saying is true you get what you pay for well i went for cheap now im going for quality