cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very poor phone help service, Plusnet

newinvention
Grafter

I just spent 20 mins on the phone to Plusnet since I have a query on the billing of my account (you are taking £40 too much off me). Call me daft, but I want to pay you annually rather than monthly (do I need my head testing I ask myself ... actually there is a reason).

Don't mind waiting if you're genuinely busy. Fine. Get answered by a curt member of your staff, who promptly cuts me off less than one minute into my call while getting my a/c details. Am I meant to queue up for 20 mins again since I don't suppose for a minute the guy has the wit to ring me back. This is such poor customer service, Plusnet. For goodness sake get yourself sorted out.

And yes, I have posted a contact us ticket and will no doubt wait a further 48 hours to get that returned to me.

I'm properly browned off - I've got better things to do on a Sat afternoon than make a non call to you.

Sarah
5 REPLIES
gilleyman
Dabbler

Hi, newinvention having to wait is becoming more and more common nowadays, but having to pay less wages for fewer phone staff has to be a big plus bringing in more revenue, the call not being an 0800 number costs the customer even more with Plusnet getting there share of that, so we can clearly see were the ISP gains and were the customer loses.
N/A

I'd have to agree

I used to recommend plusnet as an ISP partly on the basis of how unusual it was to have a company answer the phone. Sadly this is no longer the case and I have had interminable waits all the times I have tried recently.

I'm not sure if it has been hived off anywhere else, but the lack of the call waiting time statistics on the contact us section is telling.

Any chance this is a temporary situation?

Simon
N/A

After clicking on "contact us" you need to click on "Related links... Customer Support Statistics" (underneath the coloured lights).

Here's a link.
N/A

thanks for that, as I said, I thought it might be somewhere, but I did like it being on the contact us page (seems logical too to encourage people to use the forms rather than call when times are long).
N/A

@arthurk5asr
he call not being an 0800 number costs the customer even more with Plusnet getting there share of that,

Actually being an 0845 number, plusnet dont actually make profit from the phone calls. They actually pay more to BT due to having a local rate number.