cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very confused

JJ
Grafter

very confused

My account details say…Broadband Home Premier 2Mb - Original - original 20:1 variant. Paying £49.99 a month

I raised a ticket to check what 8 Mb package I would be put on as there is no obvious direct equivalent.

The answer was option 1.

Needless to say I replied saying this was nonsense and why was I being downgraded.

The answer…

You are currently on the Premier 2Mb 20:1 account. You will be moved onto maxDSL IPSTREAM Premium (20:1 business maxdsl) on Premier Option 1 but will keep the additional charge as at present.

At £39.99 +£10 for 20:1 I thought I was on an ‘up to 8Mb package’ which would be option 3

Any one like to comment

John H
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

very confused

As I'm sure you're aware, the account that you are currently on is somewhat of a special case within our system. But as part of this refresh you'll be upgraded to Max Premium in order to maintain your contention ratio and you'll also be placed on Premier Option 3 for future speed upgrades and the usage polocy for your account.
JJ
Grafter

very confused

Thank you for your reply

Thanks for the answer John.

I know it is an odd ball account, although not unique, for that very reason I can see it ‘falling between the gaps’ as far as any upgrade is concerned and yes Mand has said it will be a manual upgrade but not to what. My ticket was to find out what to.

The answer from CS gave me some cause for concern as they believe it to be an 'up to 2Mb' account, because that’s what it says and I don't blame them for assuming that. BUT if the PN system thinks it is an up to 2Mb account (after all no where does it say up to 8 Mb) any re-grade to MaxDSL will not happen now but much later.

All I am trying to confirm is that this account is recognised by the PN system as an ‘up to 8 Mb account’.

John H

John H
JonathanW
Grafter

very confused

Yes, the system will pick it up as an Up To 8mb account, as we still have people on the old 2mb account at £39.99 which is also the same as the Up To 8mb account that we were offering until the end of last month.
JJ
Grafter

very confused

Thanks Jon. Feel a lot happier now.

John H