cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user tools exchange check showing red..what next ?

tangey
Grafter

Hi,

Using the usertools exchange checker for my exchange (OMAGH), indicates that vitual paths are red with an ETA of 27th April. That ETA has been there since at least the 24th, and has long expired now. Is there anything I can do to get BT to action this ?

I'm getting slow thruput during the day and am assuming its due to this issue.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Record last updated: 10 Apr 06

Is it not possible that it's been fixed but not updated?
tangey
Grafter

prior to the 10th of April, when the problem was highlighted you can see that it was updated every 7 days (you can see the last 6 updates). So it would appear that they stopped updating it when it went red.
N/A

The ETA fix time is: 27 Apr 06

Record last updated: 10 Apr 06

That's for my exchange which is currently Amber.
Community Veteran

The updates for the tool we receive from BT are not at any fixed time period so there will be some exchanges where BT have not issued us with an update for weeks so the last update and status remain.

We cannot give any timescales when an update for an exchange is received. It is also unknown how reliable the estimates for BT actually doing the exchange upgrade is either.
N/A

As Peter says, this is basically completely out of anyone's control. I'm not aware of any ISP having any direct influence on the BT's schedules for upgrading exchanges. The data is not always entirely accurate but can help show if an exchange is having issues. The only thing to do (unfortunately) is wait until BT get around to increasing the VP's at the exchange.

This is where on possible advantage of LLU comes in. Firstly in that these BT VP's are not used with LLU and also if an ISP has a close relationship with their LLU provider and similar contention issues pop up it would be hoped these could be dealt with more quickly and with more information that with BT. Only time and experience will tell though.
tangey
Grafter

The reason why I mentioned actioning this is because the user tools page says

"You should only contact support if there is no current ETA date set". Implying that support can indeed bring some influence to bear if no ETA is set.
Community Veteran

Hmm.. not sure why that text is there because CS or PN have no influence on when BT upgrade their exchanges.