cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usenet speed limits

Highlighted
N/A

usenet speed limits

Sad I have been leaving some tickets for the support team about the speed capping thats come into force and have just recived a response saying that force 9 have never sold there product as unlimited. This is a lie is it not ? I have 2 meg premier and it WAS sold as unlimited. I understand about having a download limit and but lets keep it real a 25 gig start limit is unrealistic come on force9 even bt have a 40 gig limit I would at least be happy with a limt of 60 gig to start .and see how it go's .
3 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

usenet speed limits

We have, for a brief period of a couple of months, advertised the packages as unlimited. However, this was some time ago, and is only a brief period when you look at our five year history of seling ADSL.

As for the Premier account, if you take a look at the SUP Page you'll see that there is a usage level of 100gb in total on the £21.99 package. Then there's the Clean To traffic management which gives you 20gb of clean p2p/nntp/ftp traffic during peak hours.
N/A

usenet speed limits

I have had a ticket response that says you have never sold any package as unlimited so witch one of you is right ? and are you saying you are in breach of contract ? because when i signed up it was sold as unlimited , Look at it from my side I understand you need to curb download,s in some way and a limit of some sort must be put in place but to start it at 25 gig is just mad . I was happy with force 9 until this capping came into place Sad
N/A

usenet speed limits

The accounts were sold as unlimited in the past and there was uproar when the t&c's changed because the advertising still showed unlimited in their banners.

I think you will be banging your head against a brick wall for breach of contract as when they made the changes, subscribers were notified and given the option of a) accepting the new terms b) migrate to another provider free of charge with a waiver of any contractual obligations. All this had to be done within 30 days (I think) and that passed many months ago.

Not what you want to hear, but a lot of us have been down this road before.

Mark