cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usenet problems

N/A

usenet problems

A few days ago usenet.plus.net vanished for me, but everyone else still seems to be able to see it. I'm stumped!
10 REPLIES
N/A

usenet problems

Me too. I'm about to raise a support ticket.

Anyone have a clue? I've tried usenet/new.plus.net/com. Nothing works.
___oDiN__
Grafter

usenet problems

works fine here just checked

7pm

using usenet.plus.net port 119

im on premier 2mb if that helps any
JonathanW
Grafter

usenet problems

Hi,

It would appear that there are some issues with people on the legacy Surf accounts accessing the usenet servers. This has been raised through to the networks guys so that they can investigate it.
mapletree
Grafter

Usenet not working

Yes. This is affecting me too. I'm on a home surf account too and have had no usenet access for the last two days. I've raised a ticket this morning (Sat) but there is no resolution yet. Cry
JonathanW
Grafter

usenet problems

Hi,

One of our networks guys has had a look at this, and it would appear that the problem has now been resolved. So hopefully Surf customers should be able to get to usenet servers again.
mapletree
Grafter

Usenet not working

I was recently advised that "We hope to have a solution in place in the next couple of weeks" on my ticket. I'm rather puzzled to say the least since it does appear to be working again now.
:?
Community Veteran

usenet problems

Something tells me the CS rep was getting confused between your usenet problem and usenet as a whole ;-)
JonathanW
Grafter

usenet problems

Yeah, it looks like the guy who responded to the ticket missed the fact that it was the issue with surf accounts, rather than the general usenet issues.
N/A

usenet problems

Ok, but can someone explain why this isn't stated here:

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=usenet

That seems to be the place to put known problems.
mapletree
Grafter

usenet problems

Ok, but can someone explain why this isn't stated here:

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=usenet

That seems to be the place to put known problems.

I agree it should have been placed here. It would have saved us having to raise tickets about a known problem.

BTW: What are the general usenet problems that was referred to earlier?

M.