cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

useless

N/A

useless

Connection has been down for 8 days..got the same old robot information from their robot technical support......useless...pants...a complete waste of time joining plus(minus)net...and they all live in ivory towers
23 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

useless

Hi,

Please try and keep in mind that due to their nature faults can take some time to resolve. This is especially the case with any fault that we have to raise to BTW, as where as we have people who can test faults over the weekend, BTW themselves don't do anything to faults that we raise to them untill monday morning.
N/A

useless

ah so im not the only one in the boat of not having a connection and waiting for totally useless tech support to even ring you to let you know whats happening.

i see another bulldog situation happening here
Ziggur
Grafter

useless

I am on Day 17 without an ADSL connection.
15 days since I phoned CS.
13 days since Ticket 17904563 was raised.
10 days since fault was referred to BT.

I queried the delay yesterday; no reply yet.

In response to an earlier query I was advised that a BT engineer needs to fix a battery contact! If I knew where it was I could probably fix it myself Cry
Len
Grafter

useless

In response to an earlier query I was advised that a BT engineer needs to fix a battery contact! If I knew where it was I could probably fix it myself Cry

A battery contact in this context means that one or both of the wires from your house to the exchange is in contact with another subscriber on the exchange.
This could be anywhere in the cable.

Len
LiamM
Grafter

useless

Unfortunately this is BT performing at their very best and would be the case regardless of your service provider.
N/A

useless

ah so im not the only one in the boat of not having a connection and waiting for totally useless tech support to even ring you to let you know whats happening.

i see another bulldog situation happening here

I DON'T THINK THEY KNOW HOW TO USE A TELEPHONE............their all just a bunch of dusty robots ..i didn't even get a phone call either....and i had to wait till one o'clock in the morning to get the waiting time down to 30 minutes...useless...useless ...useless...steam driven..
JonathanW
Grafter

useless

Hi,

With regards to updates over the phone, this isn't generally possible due to the way that the faults system works. However, if one of our engineers does need to speak with you, either during the intial faults process or after its been raised to BTW, they do try and contact you via telephone.
N/A

useless

either way, plus net will soon be getting cancelled and my direct debit for this month is going to be stopped until my service is returned.
N/A

useless

either way, plus net will soon be getting cancelled and my direct debit for this month is going to be stopped until my service is returned.

Generally I would say this is not a good idea. If you were to speak to plusnet and discuss the matter I am sure that a satisfactory agreement can be reached between the yourself and plusnet.
All in all we must not mix the workload of BT with those of plusnet.
If your line has a fault which means you are unable to use ADSL then this is BT's hands and not plusnets.
I am sure that plusnet could phone morning, afters and evenings to see what progress has been made, but this will not change a thing. BT will fix your line (and lets face it this is how it works with BT) as and when they have time.

Like I said, the best thing you can do is have a word with plusnet about some sort of refund for the period for which you did not have adsl, as cancelling your direct debit would only make matters worse, for you.

Regards,
N/A

useless

well, and i appologies for hijacking this thread, but

i posted earlier on this morning about the 72 hour period and how i would be expecting a note on a ticket so that the 72 hours could start ticking again. sat here eating my lunch and guess what.................. yep note on ticket saying that the system is down or busy.

i wonder if your still connecting new people? and performing checks on thier lines?

might as well order a new line with you wouldbe quicker

as for money reimbursement that does not bother me, a bit of customer care would do, after all i understand BT are useless aswell, but a call once every few days wouldnt go a miss would it
N/A

useless

asked about a refund ...waste of time....a no go...
gues what....internet now back on as of 9/11/05....but guess what.....only for one hour....now gone down again...and guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!.another ticket raised...and i suppose another eight days to wait for another whole hourHuh?..as i said nice ivory towers you lot live.....and have you change from customer service to comunity service out of embarassment..great service..makes you proud to be english
N/A

useless

Now its beyond a joke....14/11/05....spoke to my local M.P..and he's going to raise the matter with Tony on Wednesday...also spoke to God and he's going to send an Angel Engineer to restore my faith in plusnet...and then i woke up , it was all just a dream.........still no Broadband,still no faith in Plusnet......but i,m going to worship a new high priestess"Computer Pro"(magazine)...their very intrested in PlusNet!!!!!!!!
N/A

useless

Ga ga goo goo....ga ga goo goo......did anybody else get this reply from (ivory towers) Customer Support....are their any translators out there.
N/A

useless

how many ppl had to deal with this crap in the last 2 weeksHuh
read here
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34945
i think i'm starting to make my opinion on who's fault it really is.:roll: