cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage error

bootletip
Grafter

usage error

having been unhappy all morning because I could not log on - I decided to check my usage and it tells me I have used 0.5 gb of broadband phone calls - I am not registed for broadband phone calls - I do not have the equipment even if I wanted to!

really upset now
alison
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

usage error

Hi Alison,

That's a bit of an odd one. What do you normally use your connection for?

I've highlighted this to our Product guys for them to have a look at.
bootletip
Grafter

usage error

james

I use my connection for e.mails - at the moment mainly getting spam despite all precautions, the spam are left on site until headers are retireved then all deleted - all within the same session.

I search the web for information such as dept of health updates, this is not every day.

approx once a month I have a 15 min chat with my son in swindon via my web cam (using desk top speakers and desk top microphone)

sometimes I incudes photo's in e.mails but always small sizes in case the person the other end does not have a broadband connection

I have from time to time sent a ppt presentation via e.mail but not this month - nothing has changed this month except your increase in the amount you say I am supposed to have used

any info would be great

thanks
pacem
Grafter

usage error

approx once a month I have a 15 min chat with my son in swindon via my web cam (using desk top speakers and desk top microphone)

And this isn't just like making a phone call!? PlusNet look at the type of data you are sending not the exact service; any sort of voice/live-video traffic will be classed as BB phone traffic. It doesn't have to be to their VoIP service.

Check your usage before you make that call, and then about an hour afterwards. You may be supprised to see howmuch bandwidth a video conversation uses up.

Paul.<><
N/A

usage error

But not 500mb in 15 minutes. With the upstream speed you be lucky to see 15mb in 15 minutes.