cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

urgent advise needed guys cant cancel !

N/A

Hi I will keep this as short as possible....

after speaking to my dad last week of the benifits of being online for his bussiness (small 9 bedroom hotel)

we diced to order adsl line on his main number. we were in the middle of ordering a laptop etc. then my parents decided that it would be to much mider for them learning how to check for emails etc as they are still learning how to work there DVD player which they bought 2 years a go.

we deicded that it would be best for me just to check there emails for them and them to pay for my bradband line here at my flat.

just phoned plus.net to cancel my dads order 5 days later and they now say the line is connected and there is no way to cancel and we have to have it for 12 months.

I could understand if my dad had adleast a pc there to use the service but he doesnt.

do we have a leg to stand on Huh

any advice you can give us ?? thougt there would of been adleast a 7 day cooling of period !
8 REPLIES
ceridwen
Grafter

This is taken direct from PN's T&C's

"7.1.2 If you have purchased Services then you may cancel this Agreement in relation to the Services in accordance with the Regulations within 7 Working Days beginning on the day after the day on which the Agreement is concluded. If the Services include line installation then, in relation to the line installation Service and related Services, this 7 day period is deemed to commence on the day after the day on which the Customer line is installed. In any 7 day period under this paragraph, you lose the right to cancel if the Service is used or otherwise performed within the 7 day period"

So providing that you haven't used the ADSL line, you do have the right to cancel, and you should point out to PN their own T&Cs!

Matthew
prichardson
Grafter

Hi,

You do indeed have the right to cancel within the first 7 days.

Please do be aware though, because of the nature of the services that are supplied, there can be a charge related to the services already offered.

This specificly relates to line activation.

Kind Regards,
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

As per Phil's comments above, you can have the account closed. Though you'll need to raise a ticket on the account that you no longer wish to keep, so that everything can be closed off for you.
N/A

Hi phoned plus.net 3 times now said I couldnt cancel.

mentioned a little word called "terms and conditions "

and then told me I had the right to cancel.

thanks to the person form the first post for pointing this out to me !!

most apreciated !
N/A

all so while I am here. notice I have still been paying £39.99 a month for 2mb broadband.

all so notice I got a email form them around 3-4 months a go about them only charging me £21.99 a month. the email that every 1 got

is every 1 on here paying £21.99 a month for 2mb broadband as I am still paying £39.99 ?
ceridwen
Grafter

Nope - PN renaged on a promise to inform customers of the new pricing.

It even threw two people off PN's service for complaining about renaging on this promise too loudly on these forums

Apparently they are more interested in that extra £18 a month, even though it generates ill feeling amongst customers when they discover they've been paying over the odds for months (often also resutling in bad publicity).

According to the recent announcement from stewnorris under Communications it says "we’re not deliberately out to annoy" - however, it seems unclear how not communicating this can lead to anything other than annoyance.

Matthew
N/A

so should I be paying £21.99 a month ?Huh
ceridwen
Grafter

You can request to move from the Premier 2Mb original account (39.99) to the Premier up to 2Mb account (21.99)

Matthew