cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uprade not working

N/A

uprade not working

Sorry but I'm not totaly clear how this upgrade sytem works.

Switched on the PC at the Weekend and it showed that the connection speed is now 2.2Mbps! - checked the line speed with the BT tester and a couple of others - still only getting 400kbps download speed.

Reading the forums I see suggestions to raise a ticket with support - when I go to raise a ticket, I see that there is already one there, raised by support, that states "Bandwidth Usage Reset After Billing"??

What does this mean? - do I still have to raise a ticket or has the upgrade already been done and failed and its time to move ISP'sHuh

Any help to clarify the situation would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

uprade not working

It just sounds like the normal problem, that Pn haven't taken off the throttle on your account since their system hasn't been informed by BT of your upgrade.
Forget tickets, just give them a ring, tell them you've been upgraded but are still throttled, and they should be able to take the throttle off within a minute or two.
N/A

uprade not working

thanks for the quick reply - anyone got the phone number?

PN's support pages arn't the clearest in the world for contacting customer support Sad
N/A

uprade not working

0845 1400200
Community Veteran

uprade not working

Found at the bottom of every page ;-)
N/A

uprade not working

Found at the bottom of every page ;-)

Shame they don't put it at the TOP of every page in LARGE letters then punters might find it more easily.
Or am I missing the point.
Community Veteran

uprade not working

I think they should make it easier to find in the help section as well as having it at the bottom of the page.
N/A

uprade not working

thanks to all that replied - phoned PL support (got through in about 2 minutes!) and they tweaked the connection - quick reboot and now I'm downloading at 2mbps Cheesy