cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded into treacle

Brickinit
Grafter

upgraded into treacle

I was upgraded to BT IPStream MAX yesterday and since then have been bogged down with such slow speeds i can't even collect e-mails, i have turned off and disconneted my modem for 1 1/2 hours last night, i have reset the modem today still know joy.
last night i done two speed tests one at 74.5 kbps the second at 52.2 kbps
i have done one today @ 75.8 kbps.
obviously as i can't recieve e-mails i can't raise a ticket. and the helpline? at least a 40 min. cue.
any chance someone from support can look into this and give me some advice. erm! not by e-mail for obvious reasons, can only get on this forum by keep refreshing page else it hangs. ( tried to get one page up before my tea and it was still hanging 35 mins later) Cry
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

upgraded into treacle

1st make sure nothing else is connected your phone line, i.e. phones and faxes.

2nd connect directly to the master socket by removing the front faceplate.

Hope you recover soon.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Brickinit
Grafter

upgraded into treacle

we'll it's like this. done all the things was told to do ie. reboot the modem, with no joy, got a bit frustrated 'til godsell4 suggested i went back to the basics and guess what ? unplugged the phone from the filter, 4MB yippie, found an old filter and things seem a huge amount better, E-mail and faster surfing what more could i ask for? better stop that MAC request, only joking. it's a long time since i've had to fart about with my set-up, but with that little pointer, here's one happy bunny, for a while. :lol:
thanks godsell4
Community Veteran

upgraded into treacle

Great. So next time I am down in Poole I'll say which pub to meet @ ... :lol:

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Brickinit
Grafter

upgraded into treacle

not a problem but i'm nearer that wimborne town center. easier to stagger home from. Cheesy