cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade modem

N/A

upgrade modem

I am still constantly getting disconnected with my ADLS Dynamode A360 Modem.Can stay connected for a while then it just dies. I know other people are experiencing this. I have been told the modems are rubbish and to get a new one..... what USB Modems would you suggest for Windows XP and where from.

Im pulling my hair out over this constant disconnecting (especially when Im in the middle of downloading things)

Thank you.
6 REPLIES
Ommin
Grafter

RE: upgrade modem

> I am still constantly getting disconnected with my ADLS Dynamode A360 Modem.Can stay connected for a while then it just dies. I know other people are experiencing this. I have been told the modems are rubbish and to get a new one..... what USB Modems would you suggest for Windows XP and where from.
>
> Im pulling my hair out over this constant disconnecting (especially when Im in the middle of downloading things)
>
> Thank you.

Amanda

I use a Fujitsu FDX310 USB modem along with Fujitsu FDX100 filters and have had no problems whatsoever since installing. They were purchased from www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk who I am happy to recommend.

Hugh

Brickinit
Grafter

> I am still constantly getting disconnected with my ADLS Dynamode A360 Modem.Can stay connected for a while then it just dies. I know other people are experiencing this. I have been told the modems are rubbish and to get a new one..... what USB Modems would you suggest for Windows XP and where from.
>
> Im pulling my hair out over this constant disconnecting (especially when Im in the middle of downloading things)
>
> Thank you.

i have been using the same modem as you since november and it hasn't missed a beat, except when i first installed it, it took two attempts to install the drivers. it kept dropping my connection to start off with, but the same day i purchased some new splitters, as there seemed to be a bad batch of filters supplied with the modems. plusnet were sending out replacments, but i just couldn't wait.and since then no problems,the only other thing is that i'm running ME. maybe you could search for some later drivers as that may help, before you fork out on a new modem

malc

N/A

Hi Malc,

This is correct - Just having the correct / updated drivers can make all the difference. This would always be the first option before purchasing any new equipment.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Were are the latest drivers for Dynamode A360 Modem then PlusNet? Because the ones on your site are not upto daet and do not work.

espresso_mick
Grafter

fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Amanda,

The offical Dynamode site has drivers here:

http://www.dynamode.co.il/main-ftp/ADSL%20modem/USB%20A360/

If these are out of date on our site we will of course update them. Can you let us know if it does make a difference.

Cheers,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support