N/A

unhappy over fake "regrade offer"

Re: Ticket numbers 11278154, 11287602, 11466271

7th April
Request to regrade 512>1024 made through portal

14th April
Request rejected due to excessive line noise. Ticket closed by PN

19th April
We would like to inform you that your Contact Us Ticket ID [ 11287602 ] has now been returned to the P&F - DSL Regrades pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

20th April
I raise a ticket asking if there is anything which can be done to improve my line etc. in order to get an upgrade - can this be looked into?

20th April
Told to speak to BT - there is nothing which can be done

21st April
I speak to a host of BT departments (spent 1/2 day on phone) to be told there is no fault on my line. - I don't think they actually understood my problem, so I add comment to ticket "Who do I need to speak to?"

In the mean-time I read www.adslguide.org and it seems BT sometimes reject lines without properly checking the noise - purely based upon distance. I add this to the ticket, and mention the possibility of doing a "manual order"

22nd April
PN inform me that the department I would have needed to speak to is BT Wholesale, who dont actually speak to customers.

22nd April
I ask if there is anything which I can do to reduce the noise - e.g. is the noise affected by the internal wiring in the house?

I also mention that I would still like to go ahead with the regrade if I am close to the acceptable noise level. I inform PN I would be happy with marginally less than 1M, if the noise didnt support the full stream.

23rd April
PN do a noise test on my line. I am told that they can see no reason that I can't get the 1M, and would transfer to the relevant department.

25th April
internal: can we place a manual CRF for regrade as line tests within limits, thanks,

26th April
We can reissue the regrade but the regrade offer has now ended. The regrade fee is now £35+vat. Please confirm how you wish to proceed and we will action your requesy

26th April
I telephone PN to ask if they could regrade for the discount price, as I had initially rerquested the upgrade well within the limits of the offer and that I had reraised the second ticket well within the limits of the offer, only to be told "No". No real reason could be given.

I fail to see why Plusnet could not do this for me, as I had asked for the regrade twice before the deadline. Had Plusnet done the line test on day 1, then they would have known that I am able to recieve the line and could have acted accordingly. This would have meant that I would have recieved the product for which I asked at the price for which I asked for it. Now I am left with the option of regrading, but it will cost me an extra £10. I don't feel that this is just, considering my swift actions in order to help PN to solve the problems. I mentioned the option of a "manual order" on the 21st. Had plusnet reacted to this on that day, or indeed the day after, I would now be enjoying a good-speed connection.

Yours,

Ian H.
31 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Hi Ian,

I can see your point of view on this since the delays were introduced, as far as I can see, from a reporting problem at BT or a line problem. As the regrade would now cost us £35+VAT to do I cannot make the decision on this but I have sent your ticket to our provisioning manager to see if we can make an exception.

Regards,
N/A

Many many thanks for trying to sort this out for me. I appreciate that it is most likely an error on BTs behalf; I read of many people in the same boat as I am on adslguide.org
Community Veteran

I think that unless BT are able to offer the discount there is probably little PlusNet can do, if they honour it but still get charged full wack by BT they will loose a fair amount of money.

Chris
N/A

Would it be at all possible for someone to get back to me over this issue? Its been 4 1/2 working days since this was "escalated to the provisioning manager"
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

The ticket in question was closed by yourself, which is why it has not been responded to. I have been to check with the provisioning team and they have said that unfortunately they are unable to offer a reduced regrade fee, because at the time we were told you were unable to get the new speed and BT will not offer us the reduced cost for your regrade.

kind regards

Luke
N/A

I will quote the last thing which was added to my ticket before it was closed:
Please simply close the ticket and the response will be picked up from there.

So what you are saying is that, because I followed instructions given to me by plusnet, my query was not looked into, and I have been ignored for the last week? This is terrible customer service, and I'm quite shocked at the lack of system/communication in place, as all of my other communications with plusnet have been exceptional - I have praised the quality and reliability of service on many forums where ADSL has been discussed.

The problem that I am having is that I asked for this to be looked into well within the time limits, and had plusnet done the whoosh test when I raised the inital "can anything be done?" then you would have seen that it is indeed possible, and could have queried BT about their decision there and then (inside the time period)

Even had you requested the "manual order" when I mentioned it on the 20th, you could indeed have met the deadline, and I would now be enjoying a nice connection.

In fact, rereading the second ticket which I raised, I am reminded of the fact that no-one bothered to email me (or send an autoresponce) about the line noise, when I was rejected, despite having had email responses from the other items which were added to the ticket (and in fact all of the tickets which I have raised since I joined plusnet), causing further delay to the situation. Had I known about this immediately, I would have been able to research earlier and this whole process could have been offset by a few days, pushing my second request, and your "this will charge you more" to before the deadline.

I would sincerely hope that plusnet would be able to sort something out for me, in order to resolve this quickly, as the longer it goes on, the more of a farce it seems to be.

Yours

Ian Hodgson
the_norris
Grafter

Just like to comment on this.

If BT rejected the re-grade due to line noise, without doing a real test. Then when a real test was done, the line is ok. Then I think that Plusnet should honor the re-grade at the offer price and get the difference from BT if BT rejected it . Or if Plusnet rejected it from duff data from BT - then the offer should still stand.

Phil
N/A

I agree, i think a regrade at the discount price should be offered.

Ian / Darlo has been totally reasonable about the whole situation and after all if hes being regraded hes willing to pay more each month so that cant be bad for plus.net business.
N/A

I also agree that he should get the discount price. Why should he be out of pocket because of the disinterest /incompetence of others?
the_norris
Grafter

I wonder if Ian would have the same problem if it was with say BT Yahoo - I bet BT would do a real test then?!?

Would not be the first time BT favor their own. Was a case on here that a customer signed up for the 512K service and via PlusNet - BT said no go.

Then when he/she went via BT Openworld - BT said - here, have your nice 512k BB service.

I think the customer did move to PlusNet - PlusNet did pay the move cost and took the issue up with Ofcom or Of-whats-it-called-now. (Change there name like it going out of fashion) to recover the cost and complain.

Phil
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Ian,

I've raised a new ticket back to our provisions manager, he's not in at the moment, but I'll have a word tomorrow afternoon and see what he says.
the_norris
Grafter

Would be nice to hear the outcome here.
lhorwath
Grafter

HI there,

The provisioning manager is off-site this morning, but will have a look on his return. I will update you on the situation when he has had a chance to review it again.

kind regards

Luke
N/A

Thank you for keeping me posted