cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to connect to limewire

N/A

I cannot connect to limewire.
I haven't tried to connect to it for ages but my Mum wants some music downloaded so that she can linedance to it, Westlife / Chris DeBurgh ( pure crap I know but she is my Mum after all )

I never had any problems before now but for the last few days when I try to connect to limewire I get a message which says I am not connected to the internet or have a firewall preventing the connection.
My internet connection is running fine at 2.2Mbps and I turned my XP firewall off - still couldn't connect to limewire- same message as before.

I have heard about plusnet blocking some P2P connections or blocking the ports they normally use, is this true?
6 REPLIES
passer
Grafter

Do you have a router? You may need to set some stuff if you have. Also, it's very difficult to establish stable ultrapeer connections under the current management rules, and speeds are very poor until midnight, when they pick up dramatically. I've just connected up OK, so I don't think it's a Plusnet thing.
N/A

Cheers.
No router, straight ADSL modem connection.
I'll try later and see if it connects.
N/A

Cheers.
No router, straight ADSL modem connection.
I'll try later and see if it connects.

It will take you an age to download at this time of night because of how PN have setup the network. I have been suffering this and can't get more than 5-8kB/s in the evening compared to 120 kB/s during the night after midnight and even at 5.30pm tonight.
N/A

I'm not farmiliar with this program but I will be doing tests on it later. I can only suggest that like eDonkey, lists of peers and servers can become out of date if the program is not used for a while, and may need to be refreshed.

There are known problems with this program and the plusnet system, along side a number of other p2p clients. See,

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38977

For why plusnet are refusing to work on these.
N/A

This is for brandon2 as i noticed you use the Netgear DG834G and can connect to limewire. I have the same router, i've got 2 PCs, my sons connects directly to router mine via wireless adapter, i've tried configuring router and switching off xp firewall without success, do you have any suggestions? Cry
passer
Grafter

@jennym

see your PM