cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

torrent speed

N/A

torrent speed

where can i find a webpage, to test my torrent speed and nat connection port...
22 REPLIES
N/A

torrent speed

I'm don't think you can test your torrent speed from a webpage but if you use the BETA version of uTorrent and enable the encryption option it speeds up your torrents hugely (It lowers the chance of the packets being shaped).
N/A

torrent speed

thanks.....

some times i get good speeds most of the time, but then i don't....
N/A

torrent speed

Likewise Azureus 2.4.0 handles packet encryption. At least make the Ellacoyas work for a living Smiley
N/A

torrent speed

allready use azureus, seems to be the best torrent program aroumd....
N/A

torrent speed

2.4.0 is now released, so if it hasn't downloaded automatically already then you need to get it and enable encryption on the configuration page.
N/A

torrent speed

Doesnt encryption require the persion at the other end have an enabled client?

Well i'm gonna try this as torrents are pathetic on plusnet. I'm also going to do a pile of side by side comparisions and i'll probabily report back the results here.

20~40 seems to be the norm for all torrents. i occasionally get it peaking up at 80~100 but thats very rare
N/A

torrent speed

20~40 seems to be the norm for all torrents. i occasionally get it peaking up at 80~100 but thats very rare

Try with good torrents, for a real test I use an ubuntu ISO torrent the DVD version normally has >100 seeds average 3:1 SeedsTongueeers, easily averages at 105kB/s and that is with azuerus limited to 110kB/s myself on my 1Mbps line, don't like to fully saturate, this works even in the 8am-4pm peak, sometimes slows to about 70-80kB/s now in the evening times.

Oddly enough the management seams to bite in harder on the less well seeded torrents I have no idea why this is :?:
N/A

torrent speed

Considering bit torrent clients are starting to implement this as standard, I dread to think what the overall effect this is going to have on the Plusnet network if they don't invest in new bandwidth. I wouldn't be suprised to see this thread deleted either - its agains't forum rules to discuss circumventing the shaping. If Plus delivered there side of the bargain on the clean allowance there wouldn't be a need!
N/A

torrent speed

Ellacoyas = Owned.
N/A

torrent speed

The encryption will only prevent deep packet inspection from working - other techniques looking at the packet headers etc will still work so you will still be shaped.
N/A

torrent speed

THeres nothing stopping them added unidentifable packets into the 20GB clean usage. so even when its implimented its not really a problem to plusnet
N/A

torrent speed

if it were that easy, utorrent wouldnt have seen such big successes against Rogers cable.
N/A

torrent speed

My speed is 20k off peak time using Bitcomet 0.61. Evil
N/A

torrent speed

my speed using Bittornado tonight was only 30k Cry but then again there was only 4 seeds