cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tinypic.com blocked from f9?

N/A

I can no longer reach www.tinypic.com via f9 (via home IP or lynx from the CCGI server cmd line) but connections are fine when originated from anywhere else outside f9 – I can’t tell whether this is a temporary routing problem, a blocking policy by f9, or f9 being blocked by tinypic.com?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Works for me on a BB+ connection.

Mark
N/A

Thanks Mark – all very strange. It’s been “unreachable” for about a day when accessed either via my ADSL router *or* testing with lynx from the shell on ccgi.force9.net [84.92.1.5]. But, oddly, I can ping 64.92.212.231.

My DNS lookup resolves as:
(using ns1.plus.net [212.159.13.50])
name = www.tinypic.com
IP = 64.92.212.230

And I’m routing through this gateway:
name = lo0-plusnet.ptn-ag2.plus.net
IP = 195.166.128.53
N/A

phugoid,

I tied it from my F9 plus account. I also cannot reach it. http times out.

I have access to a work VPN connection so I hooked up to this and then I got to the pages of www.tinypic.com instantly.

Obviously there IS a problem specific to f9 and this site.

I am connected pte-ag2 at the moment.
N/A

correction, it is ok from F9, just a bit intermitant.

Perhaps it is also intermittant through other ISPs and the good instant hit first time was a coincidence?
N/A

No problems straight to from the previous link.
N/A

Thanks for checking, tswilding and thehudsons. That reproduces my experience (HTTP connection timed out), except obviously for the intermittent and working via f9 bit, but at least it suggests a localised(?) routing problem at f9 rather than something specific to me. Will give it till tomorrow to clear, then raise a ticket.
N/A

Update: I’ve had my ticket returned and the problem appears to have been miraculously resolved CSC very helpfully confirmed the problem but, rather than investigate, simply pointed to the possibility that the Tinypic site might be having their own problems - in which case it would be outside of f9’s control. This rather clever and very logical manoeuvre appears to have actually fixed the problem. Wink