cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timeout on Premier account?

N/A

Hi, I am a Premier account. My router will be disconnected for over 2 or 3 min idle time?
I have to login to the control page of the router to connect it each time after it is being disconnected.

What is going on? If you have the technology you use it, if you don't have , better keep it simple and easy.

Really annoying.
:x :x :x
10 REPLIES
N/A

Does your router have an option even hidden somewhere which allows you to choose between Connect on demand and keep alive. Mine does - make sure its not on connect on demand with the setttings adjusted to disconnect after so much idle time.
Of course as usual I could be trying to tell my grandmother how to suck eggsSmiley
N/A

It worked fine before, there is no point for me to turn it into trouble mode.
Moreover, it will be disconnected just for about 3 min idle time, Definitely, sth wrong.
N/A

Is there any one awake from PN? If no takes care of the forum. shut it down.
Evil Evil Evil
Alecto
Grafter

There are no idle disconnects on Premier.
This sounds like a problem with either your line or your router - I can't see that it could be anything to do with Plusnet.

Can you find your line stats and post them?
Have you changed anything recently on your setup?
Can you borrow another router or modem to try on the line?
LiamM
Grafter

First off... what does the title say? "Community Support", right.

Secondly, what does the summary say? "The place for support both from the community and the support team. Note this is not an official support channel and please check the forum rules before posting."

In particular Note this is not an official support channel and please check the forum rules before posting..

I'm not surprised nobody has helped you with your attitude. Bumping threads is against the forum rules and if you have a problem you should raise a ticket to get official support from the CSC.
N/A

1. The attitude is to PN service and their policy. Not to the compunity. They don't have the technologies, but they try to shape people usage by setting up a 100G limit, and trap you with FREE connection which is NOT and 100 GBP or so hidden charge will apply if you want to leave before the 12 month contract. Now they setting up a idle time .

2. I already said I have NOT touched the router since it worked fines (before Nov). Why some of you won't read and then write your words? You though you speak the right thing? READ, THINK, then write.

3. You may not have problems like this, but others do. I am writing here to let more people realise how big trouble I am having since I switched to PN. I will remind some potential PN sufferers NOT coming. If some of you (are real customers) think PN is good, show the advantage compared to the other ISPs.

Free setup is absolute free. I have tried different ISPs. PN is the first one I met with some fine print which binds the leaving and casting penalty charge on free stuff. Then, with 100G limit, not with idle time disconnection. ADSL is good for one reason that is always online. Some router won't auto start login when disconnected. Have you considered that before you implementing that? Your mean way of controlling customers using the Internet will only lead your company to the dead end. I am watching it happens.

I really regret to sign the dam contract. I am trapped here.
Community Veteran

As stated above by gpattison.
There are NO idle timeouts on the premier account.
N/A

Yes, that's in theory.
I have read some posts before, PN made mistakes and put wrong configuration on customers who should not be suffered.
N/A

You would honestly be better off raising a ticket mate. It sounds like a problem with your line or router settings, rather than something Plusnet have done to be honest.
N/A

@ tanghz...are you having a problem like us on this thread?

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36270