cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ticket 19910677 (LLU->ipstream back migration)

N/A

After two months of not beeing able to stay connected for decent amounts of time, it has finally been decided that I would be moved back to IPstream, my ticket had been nudged by a senior member of staff. Then, this was sent to me this morning:

********* CSC - Team Leader 10:31am, Tuesday 1st August 2006

Dear ********,
The following Mac Key has now been generated for you to provide to your new supplier:

XYZXYZ

Regards,

It was made clear in the original question that I would have liked to be moved back to IPstream from Tiscali LLU, whilst staying with PN. There was never any question leaving PN, this was also made clear from the aforementionned senior member of staff who nudged the ticket forward. Now I appreciate that these migrations are manual etc., but is it too much to ask that CS (especially if they are team leaders) read the original ticket, and this one, frankly, was not very long.

This is really quite depressing.

regards,

M.
4 REPLIES
winnipeg1823
Grafter

am I right in thinking you have received a mac number to move from LLU, to another provider, who could be Ipstream, as I didnt think they could do that. If they can I will be asking for mine
James
Grafter

The LLU MAC Codes are only accepted by ISP's participating in the trial.
N/A

am I right in thinking you have received a mac number to move from LLU, to another provider, who could be Ipstream, as I didnt think they could do that. If they can I will be asking for mine

I am really not sure, best thing would be to ask the new putative ISP. My understanding is that a LLU MAC code would allow you to move to another internet provider but you would have to stay on LLU. In other words, you keep the technology but change the business providing it. I wanted things the other way round, which triggered my reaction. Hopefully things are back on the right track (for me that is).

regards,

M.
N/A

Just thought I'd report on a positive outcome for a change: my connection (down since 1/6/2006, ie LLU) is now back to what looks so far like a rock solid 1.8Mbps.

Basically, I was moved to LLU. I had no problem to synch (@8Mbps) with the voyager 105 USB modem but whenever I started to surf on the web, everything froze within minutes (three lights on the modem constantly on). I was moved recently (21/Cool to MaxDSL with the same symtoms. I got BB back, only when I was moved this morning to the original product I was on (home2000) pre-LLU.

So thank you PN Cheesy , although it took some time (almost three months) to get there.

M.