cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

throttling of p2p ports

N/A

throttling of p2p ports

I find that you are throttling my ports well before the peak time kicks in. It is now 13 20 and a portfoward check reveals that my port is blocked. This was not the case just 2 hours ago. I have changed ports to no avail and tried disconnecting and reconnecting. I am also aware that I am not level 1 management (13.63 gb) and that restrictions apply, but down to 256Kbps, not the pathetic 80-90 I am getting now. Also, if level 1 managemnt applies, why is line speed not affected (has stayed at around 3-4 mbps)

I have done a similar port forward test well after midnight to find that the ports are throttled.

I demand an explanation as no one is answering my questions on the help/support page.
2 REPLIES
James
Grafter

throttling of p2p ports

We're not throttling your P2P ports. When the NEtwork is busy (ie: most of the time) P2P will be slow as it is prioritised below time sensitive traffic such as web and email.

Once further capacity is added, this situation will be alleviated, as there will be more bandwidth to cater for the increasing levels of traffic that we are seeing across the userbase.
Firejack
Grafter

throttling of p2p ports

If you are on BroadBand Plus you have to realise that isn't designed for P2P. Premier is good for P2P over night but useless in the day. Broadband PAYG is what you need if you P2P in the day. I've had speeds of 245kB/sec in the day on Broadband PAYG.