cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

throttled

N/A

throttled

Well surpprise my adsl showed 2mb, done speed test but it is running at 1 mb, Cry no emails to inform me as +net said it would Sad , why is there a lack of comunication, every where, i put a ticket in but there is a days wait for reply, I know people say well you aited since spring what is a day, well in my view if it is given I should be able to use it not go through another wait, it does not matter how long or short it is.
If you went and brought a washing machine took it home then found you had to wait for drum you would not be happy
I want to be able to use what im given at its full capaxity Wink
11 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

throttled

It's much easier just to ring them up and ask them to unthrottle your line, like many people have had to do. Saves hanging around waiting.
N/A

throttled

Had similar situation a few days ago, raised ticket and speed OK within hour or so. No email though, ascertained speed upgrade to 2Mb by routine router check. Been checking since April 2005!! Cheesy now.
N/A

throttled

got a reply they asked me what speed im doing!!! crazy lot do they know there job or whaT?
N/A

throttled

finally sorted see other post thanks one and all hope u rest off you +netters get your speed
N/A

throttled

To be fair to +net, they don't know that you have been regraded until BT tell them that it has happened. If BT haven't told them, then they do not know. I was lucky enough to be regraded while I was actually on the internet so just put a quick call in and 2 mins later I'm at 2meg, jobs a goodun.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

throttled

Hi,

The system that sends out the emails pulls the data from BT Wholesale, it doesn't do this in real time though, so it could easily be a day or three after the regrade has actually happened that the system picks this up and sends the email.

By all means call us or raise a ticket and we can update your account manually, although I believe it would stop the email being sent as it would no longer be needed.
N/A

throttled

although I believe it would stop the email being sent as it would no longer be needed.
"Get out of jail free card" for "the emails generally don't get sent.....take this lie as an excuse this time.

Seriously we've been over this guys, your whole throttling system is screwey and we know emails just don't get sent, even internally.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

throttled

If you want believe it's a lie you go ahead and think that, but I don't come on here make things up and not tell the truth.
Take a look through the forums and usenet and you'll see quite a lot of customers have received the email, the reason that some people don't is in the main because they are quicker at spotting they've had the regrade than our automation.
N/A

throttled

Oh you're right, you don't come on her to lie, you come on here to lie for the powers that be as has been the case many times, most memorably the use of the word unlimited which several of you said you'd never used until someone proved you did then all of a sudden it changed to "oh yes we did use that word and state it on the phone and in emails...but it was a mistake". Things around here are true until one customer finds that email or screenshot that proves it isn't quite true and from what I've recalled recently, emails in PN about accounts, transfers and throttling have all often somehow gone wrong but will not be admitted to until a customer (yet again) finds that email or screenshot and posts it proving otherwise.

Once PN decide to stop changing the playing field on a weekly basis statements such as previously said about emails not getting sent might be acceptable but right now, there's more pointing to another error or problem than there is to "catching it early preventing emails".

On the topic of "spotting the upgrades", what happened with just unthrottling everyone so once they're upgraded they will automatically get the full speed? I recall several people were throttled for a week or 2 before they informed you - which doesn't quite fit in with your previous statement of a few days to automatically sort it.
N/A

throttled

Well, wadev1589, that went down like a lead balloon :roll:
N/A

throttled

That's what I'm here for.