cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thinkingt about joining plus.net

N/A

My advice is do not. For example watch how quickly this message is deleated. A small company. Well it's two geesers in the north of england, thats not a problem the only problem is since they went on broadband they have outstreched themseles, everything is slow, the connection is even slower I make a living from my site so if there's a problem I don't work. I dont earn. If there's a problem and you phone them they are always aggressive, but then they will be, 2 geesers somewhere in a bedrrom in the north of england that were very good until the big happening, broadband, and then they just had not got a fucking clue.
Thats when they lost most of their customers. They will not be here for much longer. I after many, many, many years am even thinking abourt www.AOL.com. At least it's honest with it's homobhobia, .
Since I wrote this I 've moved my website out from www.plus.net,what a relief what a god decision,
my mate haD A WEBSITE THAT HAS DOUBLe ,
TRAFFIC OF MINE, THEY NEVER CUT HIM OFF, but then his site was not about str8 men having homosexual fantasies.
I hope you don't join plus.net, as I saids it,s crap
8 REPLIES
N/A

Firstly, the forum staff do not have a policy of deleting threads. They will edit posts if necessary to remove content which is not in accord with the forum guidelines, or will lock topics where necessary, but deleting is not something I've ever seen done.

I've personally never had any speed problems, and I know that most others have not either. The only times I've seen slight slowdown is during the rare maintenance windows. Have you any speed results to demonstrate the problem? If more information is posted other users may be able to offer assistance.

Recently their CGI space has been slow, and PlusNet openly admitted that. That's why they did everything they could to resolve it. Now I firmly believe it's fixed, I don't have any problems accessing pages or pages loading slowly. The same goes for the WWW server.

If you feel that any customers support representatives were any less helpful and friendly than they should be, email Ian Wild (iwild@plus.net). He's in charge of this area, and takes complaints very seriously.
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi Dominant,

Firstly regarding the removal of your site, you received a warning email in February for exceeding bandwidth. Then in April, on a daily basis you exceeded your bandwidth by about double. Ticket 11346279 shows the bandwidth per day.

If you have any complaints about any agent then please do email Ian Wild, he will take any issue very seriously.

Regarding your speed complaint, as Chris advised above, please post some details on your fault, what you have tried etc..Have you looked at this tutorial?

Finally, we are in no way discriminative of any minority.

Regards

Luke
Community Veteran

With regards to the removal of threads -
PlusNet generally don't remove topics from the forums, it's upto the forum moderators (myself included) who will remove topics that go against the forum guidelines (for example your previous topic), when we do this we will PM users with the reasons for our actions. We don't remove topics that simply disagree with PlusNet or provide a negative impression of them, unless they are unconstructive or not within the link:forum guidelines.
We keep a backup of the offending topics so that we can reference them in the future if need be.

Chris
N/A

as i said

very defensive
N/A

dominant wrote
very defensive

This is PlusNet, so of course they are defensive of criticism, though they do put their hands up when caught with their trowsers down. :lol:
N/A

Indeed. Though it all comes down to the attack, and thou will defend.

Whilst you have the right to post critisism, others have the same right to reply.
N/A

This is PlusNet,

This is not Plusnet, this is the Plusnet Discussion Forums. It is provided by Plusnet for us, their subscribers to use. As far as i can see, there is only one post in this thread from a member of Plusnet staff, which i would describe as factual, not defensive. As far as i am aware, none of the administrators or moderators are employed by Plusnet. Please feel free to correct me if i am wrong. As such, neither they, any other Plusnet subscriber, or i have any reason to defend Plusnet.

I have had reason to criticice Plusnet in the past. If i find reason to do so in future, i will. I expect Plusnet welcome constructive criticism.

As a point of interest, how is your migration progressing?
csogilvie
Grafter

Yes, we are not employed, or paid and nor do we get any benefits over moderating the forums.