cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

they wont talk to me !

N/A

they wont talk to me !

tried to cancel my phone line order...spend 3 hours on phone trying to get through-then sent online question... that was ignored until the line order went through by which time i had cancelled my direct debit. told my phone line would be cut off and there would be 20 quid cancellation charge...my bank would not reinstate the debit and i couldnt get through to plusnent to set up a new one -

totally traumatised and going back to onetel...i just hope i dont get cut off before i am in safe hands again... 2 days to get through on the phone once - with 1 hour waits each time ? forget it. So its onetel for calls/line rent (they answered first ring and said they would have me back) and BT for broadband as talk talk/onetel have a bad reputation for their 'free' broadband. from now on, price is a lower priority and keeping my phone line active is number 1
17 REPLIES
James
Grafter

they wont talk to me !

Hi,

If you still want to move back to onetel, instigate the transfer and pay the cancellation fee. I'll then refund the £20 back to your card.

Sorry for the delays in trying to get hold of us.
Laugh
Grafter

they wont talk to me !

Is it me?

I haven't been wandering the forum's corridors lately but the last I heard was that everything was being fixed. Call times were down and everything in the garden was rosy. In fact, when I posted (as did others) questioning that we had heard it all before, I was shouted down, being told that I must give them all a chance and that if I didn't have anything positive to say I should shutup! Cry

Are we back into crisis management with reactivity, instead of proactivity? :?

That said, my connection has been very stable of late. Very slow, but very stable.
James
Grafter

they wont talk to me !

Whenever I nip out for some 'fresh air' I walk past the board that shows how long the longest queueing time is. I've not seen it above 45 minutes. I appreciate I have been off sick for the past day or so, and by no means am I suggesting that the OP is fabricating the truth, but I haven't seen queue times anything near approaching two hours.
Laugh
Grafter

they wont talk to me !

45 mins is still far too long!

15 mins should be an absolute maximum amount of time to wait. Following all the hype about how much effort was being put into the service I was actually hopeful that something good was about to happen.

Somebody needs to give the Management another kick - they appear to have nodded off again :roll:
carrot63
Grafter

they wont talk to me !

Whenever I nip out for some 'fresh air' I walk past the board that shows how long the longest queueing time is. I've not seen it above 45 minutes.

With all due respect James, you should get out for air a bit more often! Its great that the queue is not 2 or 3 hours, but I'd hardly bandy "a mere" 45 minutes about as some customer services victory!
N/A

call queing

to clarify - i spend at least 3 hours trying to get through- and 2 hours on the second day - but each time i gave up after about 30 to 45 minutes as I thought my phone connection might be hanging and I needed a toilet break... I didnt realise that 45 minutes waiting to be put through was the norm - I must have been ringing off just before i was due to be connected... I have come across sytems which say 'you will be connected in x minutes' and that would help - onetel's indian call centre (dont like those usually) is almost instant.. anyway thanks for the offer of the refund on the disconnection fee at least- my doctor took my blood pressure today and it is 150/100 usully 128/88 - and i may have to go on beta blockers... i reckon once all this is over and I am away from plusnet, I will be ok again..
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

they wont talk to me !

@allserene

Had you thought of asking for a change of user name - "stressedout" perhaps Wink
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

they wont talk to me !

With all due respect James, you should get out for air a bit more often! Its great that the queue is not 2 or 3 hours, but I'd hardly bandy "a mere" 45 minutes about as some customer services victory!

I don't believe I ever said that that was a good thing.
carrot63
Grafter

they wont talk to me !

Your tone (for want of a better word) seemed to imply somehow it was normal. Sorry if I miscontrued. Cheesy
Laugh
Grafter

they wont talk to me !

Now that I've stirred things up, I'm off!

I only popped in for a 5 minute read!

Tip for the day: Invest in a speaker phone. Otherwise you'll end up with a hot ear and an aching shoulder!
carrot63
Grafter

they wont talk to me !

Tip for the day: Invest in a speaker phone. Otherwise you'll end up with a hot ear and an aching shoulder!

I've been learning that the hard way the last few weeks.
Community Veteran

they wont talk to me !

as mentioned earlier some retailers have systems that tell you the average times a customer is waiting, your position in the que and how long it expected you'll have to wait.

I've mentioned this before but if all these suggestions are taken on board then people will feel better about the queing system as they will have a fully infomed choice of whether or not to wait, call back or give up.

the position in the que and expected time to answer are excellent advances in que management.

If PN want to be up there at the top of satisfaction ratings these are the things than can make the difference.

A
N/A

they wont talk to me !

45 minutes is laughable , years ago I worked on the helpdesk for a very large computer company with 70,000 employees , we had a display of incoming calls and wait times , our target was to answer within 2 minutes.
Point here is as everything ran pretty smoothly we could actually meet those targets. If plusnet have 45m wait times then something must be seriously wrong with the stability of their infrastructure.
James
Grafter

they wont talk to me !

Firstly, don't get me wrong, I appreciate that waiting times are currently high and have been for awhile.

However, working for a computer company is slightly different. You're not going to get 200,000 people phoning at the same time to say that their graphics card has failed, unlike one of our major service outages, so you're referring to something completely different.