cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the happiest man in town

N/A

the happiest man in town

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
hi im dave was on pipex "£23.44 uncapped for eighteen months they would not let go on to pipex lite because i only surf and dont download much so i heard about plusnet im now on the 2mg 2gb for three months and its been fantastic and ive brought several friends with me
long may it continue plusnet
dave
1 REPLY
N/A

the happiest man in town

"the happiest man in town"

Oh no you're not - I am. Tongue Wink

Finally upgraded from ISDN to broadband, activated last week - was planning to do this at the end of August, but decided it might be a good idea to leave it until the "6 September extended reach" rush was over.

Went for 512k because I don't really need 1MB and I doubt if I'd get it here, so applying for that would probably just mean delay while a re-order went in. I am a long way from the exchange, so was not expecting miracles. To add to this, I have too many phones here, well in excess of the recommended total REN of 4. On dial-up, it was noticeable that pulling all the extensions out added about 0.5KB/sec to downloads, and I suspected that borderline ADSL might be badly affected and I might have to revise the phone set-up.

I am typing this with my toes Wink while firmly grasping both arms of a genuine wooden chair, not an MFI "wood effect" one, but after just over a week of use I have not had one single problem, nor had to do anything with the phones except put a plug on the end of the lead for the extensions that used to be hardwired in so that they go through a filter. I haven't bothered to investigate tweaking, everything is just bog-standard set up, and various speed tests plus clocking a few biggish downloads all show that I'm mostly getting between 480k and 500k, which is a lot better than I expected, with the absolute lowest being one recording of 462k - I can live with that!

Like you, I'm a light user - I've gone for 1GB per month to start with. It looks as if I may go slightly above this on current figures - at current use it will come to about 1.2GB, but my use is erratic so I'll leave it as it is and see what happens. If it costs me £16.89 instead of £14.99, I won't be crying about it - I think that's probaly still less than something like an Eh?-oh-hell dial-up subscription isn't it?

Well impressed.

Cheesy