cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the grass is not always greener - 127 disconnects in 48hrs

N/A

ticket raised on Thursday.
I called BT got a line check done and seemed to resolve the issue, updated the ticket but just to put it on hold.
Friday the problems reoccur so 'reactivated' the Thursday ticket.

Spoke to PN, the response was that it would be looked at on Friday.
Friday night spoke to PN, response was that it would be looked at overnight.
Saturday spoke to PN, response was that it had been through fault reporting and would go to BT (approx 48 - 72hrs for a fix)
Sunday spoke to PN, no record of the fault being tested, not gone to BT, fault still sat in the pool, suggest I speak to Customer Services.
Sunday spoke to Customer Services, they will investigate what has happened with my call but the manager has already pre-empted the investigation by saying that it will have been a misunderstanding. Customer Service manager will write a letter to me this week and I will reply to the highest manager I can speak to.

Sunday morning, fault report team say there has been 127 disconnects and it is now being raised with BT.

Should I be angry - yes, should I be hacked off at the 'misunderstandings' - yes
am I - no

I am of course frustrated and I need my connection for work etc. but then I have spoken in the past to both AOL and Tiscali via a friend who has used them both and tbh even with the chaos that is PN support staff they are still better than the other two so despite my frustration, my loss of service and the customer manager telling me that due to staff sickness, higher than expected call levels (yada yada yada) I will stick with them.

They are not the best but they are certainly not the worst and if I jump ship to another provider I am sure I will find that the grass is not always greener.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Maybe you won't have any more.

127 (denary) is 1111111(binary).

[Compter Science "joke" Cool]
Community Veteran

Don't, there someone in my class at college who talks in binary - and I'm not joking :roll:
Discostoo
Grafter

Yeah easy pal, My old Comp Sci lecturer used to think that speaking to a room full of hungover students at 9am in Binary was the funniest thing in the world. He's dead now. (I think that was the overweight factor though...) Wink
Community Veteran

Shame, we could've paired him up with the guy in my class :razz:

N/A

Its all a BIT unfunny now...