Did you mean: 

talktalk allow customers to escape contracts due to poor ser

N/A

8 REPLIES
N/A

What's a ser? Cheesy

I'd say it's just teething troubles and at least they accept the problems (and have done from day one as I recall from an interview from Charles Dunstone).

I'll give them another 6 months before I pass opinion.
N/A

Plusnet could learn a thing or two from CPW or Talk Talk.

What I like is that the boss Charles Dunstone has his own blog where he shows that he is aware of problems and how is going to deal with them.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/servlet/gben-server-PageServer?article=MAIN.UK.TALKTALK.STATIC.BL...

This is what I mean when I say that Plusnet needs to be more open.

Compare that to the Marco protest.
craigbrass
Grafter

The number of people I said "wait 6 months before using one of these free broadband offers" is large. A lot didn't listen. Am glad to say now "I told you so" Cheesy

It is cool that they are letting people leave if they have had problems tho.
ady
Grafter

What's a ser? Cheesy

service ? Cheesy err didnt read rest below, so sorry if repeated =]
N/A

The number of people I said "wait 6 months before using one of these free broadband offers" is large. A lot didn't listen. Am glad to say now "I told you so" Cheesy

It is cool that they are letting people leave if they have had problems tho.

Come on they have thousands of customers signing up every day, I heard they had 140,000 new customers in their first month and that between April and june they had 340,000 new customers. How many organisations could cope with that.

I have recommended them to a friend who really can't afford the internet but made calls to Spain. They got everything delivered on time and their bills have never exceeded the promised fee.

I was interested to see that in may they had 1000 people "answering well over 20,000 calls per day now, which is up from around 7,000 per day" they "now have 2,300 people answering calls, emails and letters!"

Now that is responding to customer demand.

If you follow the blog you can see how they handled the demand which was way beyond expectation.

I think it is time Lee started a blog!
N/A

I think TalkTalk have a very good thing going and have stolen a march on the market. There's no other BTw/LLU operator offering anything close for the £££s and I can't see there being one anytime soon. Nobody's got the balls. The only possibly dark cloud for TT is if BT think they can get away with giving them a kicking by bringing out a similar package (which they can do now after the removal of many price controls).

My recent experience with TT (moving relatives over mainly from PN) has been pretty good. Yes, they are cr@p (sorry for the '@' but apparently that's a swear word now and we need our fragile souls protecting) at informing customers of exact dates, issuing 'welcome packs' etc but so are most ISPs I've dealt with.

And yes, they'll have more problems. One good thing (and why I sat on the phone today for 10mins for someone) is they have an freephone number for CS. I like that a lot.

If I were [soon to be dead] AOL or similar I'd be sh****** myself because TT's only bad PR has been the fact they've admitted they got double the people siging up. That's not bad PR in my book!

I'm staying with PN for now but it does pain me when I get my £33 bill in from BT every quarter and I see they supply me very little except a 50 year phone cable (PN for ISP and 1899.com for phone calls).

Let's wait and see.
N/A

I refered a friend to Talk Talk as I said no problems.

I have two lines, so I considered putting Talk Talk on the other one which we use to call abroad.

I called BT and asked them why I should continue paying

Line Renatal £11.00
BT Option 3 £20.95

They said that they had reduced the option 3 from £26.50 to £20.95. they also changed their tariff so now there are no local calls at what used to be charged at 1p a minute.

Now they charge:

0.035p per minute during the day

and

0.055p for an HOUR at night.

Those of you on Option3 will know that BT does NOT itemise the free calls so you have no way of checking whether you are getting good value for the option3 component. Well this new pricing structure does allow be to do a BETWEEN estimate. My bill says we made 48 hours of free calls so 48 x 60 = 2880 x 0.035 is £100.80 /3 = £33.60 if the calls were made during the day or 48 x 0.055p = £2.64/3 = £0.88p. I am not much wiser am I!!

My friend confirmed that she can still make calls to OneTel who although owned by CPW have better rates for some countries.

SO even on BT I move from £32 to £21 (£20 for the 1st 3 months) which means we will save £132 a year and still have a backup broadband service.

If I find the service is good (they have a 40gb FUP) I can either drop plusnet and save a further £180 a year or drop down to the £10 plusnet service as a backup.

I can probably justify this on the phone costs alone, if Plusnet do not improve their service as promised I can terminate and save a whopping £312 a year which is about what I paid for my DVD recorder with hard disk. Looking at it monthly it pays me 70% of my Sky TV subscription.
N/A

if Plusnet do not improve their service as promised I can terminate and save a whopping £312 a year which is about what I paid for my DVD recorder with hard disk.

It must be a very nice DVD/HDD Smiley

That's the rub for PN they must give customers a better experience and even though this thread is discussing TalkTalk it's really about PN so I'm hoping PN continue to get their finger out.

The painful thing for ISPs like PN (and this is what's killing AOL) is people are attracted by 'all in one' deals so they must provide something better for the person who is happy to have multiple suppliers. Are PN doing that at the moment? No (they are trying though). The good news is they are leaner than dying ideas like AOL so they have a better chance IMO.

That good news only applies if they listen to their customers of course.