cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synched portal and usenet Announcements

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I usually check the usenet Announcements daily so would have known about tonights possible outage. But only if it wasthere, it's only on the portal.

ed:
ADSL Platform Upgrade
Dear Customer,

On Friday the 8th August we will be performing some essential maintenance to our ADSL platform. The work is a hardware upgrade of both of our SMS10K ADSL gateways in order to allow for the future installation of our 7th and 8th 155Mb fat pipes.

The work will take place between 00:00 and 02:00 on the 8th and during this time all of our ADSL customers may not be able to connect. In addition to the outage, in order to prevent stale sessions on the BT RAS servers after the outage, BT will be killing all existing L2TP tunnels. This will occur toward the end of the maintenance window and will disconnect ALL of our ADSL customer.

We apologise for any inconvenience that this work may cause.

Regards,
Customer Support

isn't on the usenet
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

Good point, it seems that 'planned maintenance' announcements are not being copied to USENET in the same way other postings are. I'll look into this today.
N/A

Hi,

The planned maintenance announcements are actually posted to plusnet.service.status (I hadn't realised this before!). Would you prefer them to be posted in plusnet.service.announce or just read them in the other group? This is something we can change if people prefer them posted in the announce group.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I have both subscribed and that announcement isn't in either, as for which to post it in, as long as its posted it doesn't matter which
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
benoh
Grafter

<H59Ya.53044$9C6.3155409@wards.force9.net>

was the message-id of the post to p.s.status
csogilvie
Grafter

From what I can tell p.s.status posts to the forums at the same time, but p.s.announce doesn't. Well, it does as the Fire Alarm thing is in both the p.s.announce group and the forum, but other messages aren't (that could have been manual?)
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi Colin,

We never make manual posts -

Current config for usenet postings from the service status tool is set as:

plusnet.service.announce - announcements
plusnet.service.status - service_status
plusnet.service.status - planned_maintenance

It does seem to be OK from here - What can't you see?

Regards,
csogilvie
Grafter

Hmm, maybe I was imagining or my brain was playing tricks earlier as the one I couldn't see is there now. Maybe it was the fact that one of them is 6mins earlier than the other that confused me.