cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync was 3600 now 189 kbps SNR @ 30

N/A

Well PN/BT/Tiswally stike again.

My connection went very slow, looked at my stats I am now syncing @ 189kbps was 3600 with and SNR of 12!

Now my SNR is at 30, looks like my profile has changed!

I am contacting my solicitor tomorrow, as I am paying for service that PN cannot provide a service. I was on of the 1st to get llu'd back in the beginning and have had problems ever since.

You could say the service is "Not fit for Purpose" and we all know where we stand when that is the case.

PN sort yourselfs out! A once good ISP now just a turkey!
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You need to follow the PN problem solving process before following the legal route, just wanting to save you money charged by your solictor.

You are more likely to have grounds for arguing the service is not of satisfactoy or merchantable quality depending on your perspective.

Use the trading standards office rather than a fee grabbing solictor.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Yes, cheers for that

I have sent an email to Trading Standards and will wait for their response.

Cheers

C
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've tried changing the line profile to see if this makes a difference for you. You may need to reboot your router/modem for this to take effect.
N/A

Hi,

I've tried changing the line profile to see if this makes a difference for you. You may need to reboot your router/modem for this to take effect.

What does this actually do?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

On LLU lines we have a set of line profiles which we can use to do several things, first set a maximum sync rate of 8Mbps, 4Mbps, 2Mbps, 1Mbps or 150kbps and then with each of these set a different target SNR value (12 or 15dB). There's also a couple other options on the 8Mbps profiles for a higher SNR and higher interleaving.
N/A

I cant even sync with the exchange now!!

been and changed all my filters!!

So now I have to use dialup!!

Can someone sort this please!!

I need my line for work!
N/A

Well, After the past 48 Hours terrible speeds, i turned on my router today to find the best speed i have ever had with plusnet.

Yea, So its not alot, But its still the highest speed i have had.

However, i am concered that my Line is capped to low speeds. dtomlinson, Can you check my line and see if it is capped at all?

Its supposed to be capable of speeds much higher than that.
N/A

Welcome to the club.

I've not been able to connect for a week now. Posting this via (not so) good old dialup. I never thought I'd hear those tones again.

I've made a topic about my situation(http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48137) and am currently awaiting a reply. I'm not going to hold my breath though.
N/A

On LLU lines we have a set of line profiles which we can use to do several things, first set a maximum sync rate of 8Mbps, 4Mbps, 2Mbps, 1Mbps or 150kbps and then with each of these set a different target SNR value (12 or 15dB). There's also a couple other options on the 8Mbps profiles for a higher SNR and higher interleaving.

Hi dave,

i'm experience similar problems, someone checked my profile last week and it was 8mb 12db, but my router has increased noise since a d/c last week from 12db to 15 down/25 up...

Cheers
N/A

This is getting daft, been waiting over an hour to call and eventaully gave up.

PN are more interesed in lining their pockets and not interested in the customer!

Disgrace!
N/A

This is getting daft, been waiting over an hour to call and eventaully gave up.

PN are more interesed in lining their pockets and not interested in the customer!

Disgrace!

Thats certainly what it feels like, my connection was down for over 3 hours on sat, hung on the phone for 45 mins and got the opportunity to leave a message " and a member of the technical team would call back within 8 hours", maybe it meant 80 hours because im still waiting.....
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I cant even sync with the exchange now!!

I have set the line profile back to 1Mbps for you, please reboot the router/modem for this to take effect. One of my colleagues in the faults team is also looking at it now.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

However, i am concered that my Line is capped to low speeds. dtomlinson, Can you check my line and see if it is capped at all?

Its supposed to be capable of speeds much higher than that.

Hi,

The speed profile is set at the default speed profile as is the sync speed profile so there's nothing on our side that would limit the speeds (outside of normal contention etc.).

What speed does your router/modem sync at? The guestimators (both BT and Tiscali) estimate a maximum sync rate of 3000kbps so it may not be too far off the estimate.
Highlighted
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

i'm experience similar problems, someone checked my profile last week and it was 8mb 12db, but my router has increased noise since a d/c last week from 12db to 15 down/25 up...

I have reset the line profile back to the default line profile, however this may run the risk of increased disconnections and loss of sync. If this happens then we may have to decrease the speed again to resolve this.