cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching over

Pamjmorris
Grafter

switching over

hi im currentley on bb premier @£21.99 a month, looking at my usage i only use about 1MG a month, i like the sound of the 3rd option which is a about a pound cheaper , what are the benefits or will i be loosing out if i switch.
Pam :?: :roll:
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

switching over

Hi,

Based on your usage I don't think you'd be losing out if you switched across. Option 3 will give you plenty of spare usage if you start using more in the future and of course save you a couple of quid. Best thing to do is have a read through the product pages:

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/?resindex=tab_broadband
Community Veteran

switching over

1MB? did your mean 1GB (Gigabyte)?

Given your usage figures I suspect large downloads, gaming and other stuff is pretty small so I would seriously consider option 2 and make more savings. You will need to look at the speed limits of both option 2 & 3 and decide which would suit you. If its mainly browsing and email then even option 1 could be used and pay for additional GBs as you go.

You could try the lowest for a month, see how it is and if it does not suit, move up a level and try again. ALso remember the included usage is for peak time only (4pm -> midnight) hence why option 1 could still do what you want.
Pamjmorris
Grafter

switching over

Peak usage: Off-peak usage: Total usage:
31.78MB 4.39MB 36.17MB
this is my usage for this week

Billing Period Peak usage Off-peak usage Total usage
15 Jan - 14 Feb 1.37GB 436.64MB 1.8GB
15 Feb - 14 Mar 693.18MB 55.55MB 748.74MB
these are my usages
Pam
N/A

switching over

Assuming that the off-peak usage is also between 0800-0000hrs then you're probably best off on the new option one with one additional gigabyte prepaid (I assume it is going to be possible to do this on a rolling basis?)

This will cost you £10.74 every month compared to the £21.99 you're paying at the moment.

Due to the way Broadband Your Way is structured you'll get exactly the same "Value Added Services" as you do on your account on the moment.

Option one is only really suitable for web browsing and e-mail, so you'd be better off on option two if you game, stream video/music or run any kind of P2P/frequent downloads - although looking at your usage it seems highly unlikely (if you don't know what any of these are, you're not using them).