Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching from LLU Orange

bluewhale
Rising Star

My Dad's on Orange, i think LLU.

How lonk will it take to switch to plusnet and also how much down time will there be?

Has anyone had any experience of doing this?
6 REPLIES
MrToast
Grafter

The only experience I have is in helping my girlfriend migrate from Pipex LLU.

We have still failed to get a MAC after 3 weeks of 'promises'. I'm sure that however long the actual migration takes its going to be a breeze by comparison to this part of the process.

We are of course keeping a diary and will report to Ofcom.

So, step 1: See if you can get a MAC. PN say there is no problem migrating from LLU if you have one.
Plusnet Leader
Plusnet Leader

As soon as you have the LLU MAC from Orange then the process should take 5-7 days max.

Obviously your dad will still have connection with Orange until the migration takes place and should only experience around 30 minutes downtime.
Community Veteran

You won't however be migrated to PNs LLU platform. The migration will put you back on BT IPstream Max, in case that makes any difference.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

We have still failed to get a MAC after 3 weeks of 'promises'.

3 weeks after asking for the MAC and you still haven't received it? According to ofcoms rules this should be issued within 5 days of requesting it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
MrToast
Grafter

Yup, 3 weeks and a number of prompts....

The Ofcom COP is just that as I understand it, a code of practice. All you can do is complain. And we will be noting all this to Ofcom.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

There's four cases where an ISP can refuse to issue a MAC which are

When a Broadband Service Provider is unable to verify the identity of the person requesting the MAC
Where the broadband service contract has already been terminated
An existing valid MAC has already been issued; it is expected that the provider will simply remind the customer of the existing MAC code
When a provider has already issued a cease order, and the provider is now unable to obtain a MAC for the line

If none of these apply then Ofcom can investigate and that can mean taking action such as a fine against the ISP.