cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support please help

N/A

support please help

A friend has just emailed me saying Plusnet are telling her that her credit card details are incorrect and why doesnt she pay by debit card, she insists there is nothing wrong with her credit card. PN say she will be disconnected soon if she doesnt pay. She has tried phoning but just gets stuck in a queue for over 30 minutes and has also emailed. Please could someone contact, she is really worried about being cut off.

here PN username is margaretparkes

Please can someone look into this asap

Thanks.

Ian
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

support please help

e-mails aren't answered your only options are phone or ticket.
Can you ask your friend to put the credit card details in again as a secondary card.
There are a number of possible reasons for this problem assuming the card number is correct varying from a screw up in PlusNet accounts who won't be back in until Tuesday, through to the card having expired and your friend hasn't put in the new card with the changed expiry date with another possibility that the system has decided it wants the three digit security code from the back of the card and that wasn't required before
N/A

support please help

Thanks Jim, she has been paying using the card for about 6 months, I suppose there is a possibility it has expired. I will speak to her tomorrow and get more details.

Ian
MysteryFCM
Grafter

support please help

Additionally (though you've probably already done so) ensure the e-mail, is not a scam (i.e. check the URL being specified for "confirmation" or whatever).
N/A

support please help

If it is an official communication from Plusnet it will also be stored as a ticket under contact us - so check there if there is no record of the email then its a scam.
JonathanW
Grafter

support please help

Its most likely that this has been sent out due to the card expiring. As the system picks this up and sends out an email 21 days, 7 days and 3 days before you'd be billed if it finds that your card has expired.

All you then need to do is log into the portal and visit Account Details, and then Payment Details to update the card information.
N/A

support please help

Thanks Jon, it probably is her card that has expired. I will post more info when I get it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

support please help

If her card hasn't quite expired yet, but will expire before the next payment is taken AND the new card isn't yet valid (i.e. the dates on the card don't overlap), you must enter the new card as a secondary card. The system will not accept a card that is not yet valid as a primary card. When the time comes the secondary will be automatically moved to become the primary and the old card details will be removed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

support please help

Thanks, all sorted now, she finally managed to get through on the phone after getting up at the crack of dawn to call Cheesy