cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestive help please on Broadband premier 2MB

N/A

Hi guys,

I was well happy when manged to get broadband finally for my house but I am so far very dissapointed in my download speed in general.Maybe its the weather! but I ordered 2 MB but so far I havnt got 2MB at all. I have done many Speed Tests which vary from a measly 56K speeds to roughly 500Kb which is still no where near the 2MB mark.

Should I phone up plus net to find out why? I find it quite unfair Sad
5 REPLIES
N/A

Re: suggestive help please on Broadband premier 2MB

Hi guys,

I was well happy when manged to get broadband finally for my house but I am so far very dissapointed in my download speed in general.Maybe its the weather! but I ordered 2 MB but so far I havnt got 2MB at all. I have done many Speed Tests which vary from a measly 56K speeds to roughly 500Kb which is still no where near the 2MB mark.

Should I phone up plus net to find out why? I find it quite unfair Sad

Which tests have you done?

If you do the BT Test (http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27 show you how) and you are not getting the correct speeds, then you got an issue. DO that test and then ADSLGuide.org test and post the results.
N/A

hi, I went to the ADSL guide first and got

Downstream 1155 Kbps (144.4 KB/sec) 1247 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 221 Kbps (27.6 KB/sec) 238 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Which is fairly good....I think,

and BT Speed Tester, I got

The speed test has completed on test server speedtester1.nat.bt.com for user ********************** and you have downloaded a 1.7Mb file at a speed of

472 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

I m not a good networking guru so I dont know much when it comes to downloads rates. I think its not too its optimum speed yet. I envy people who have got 202K download rate .........
holdtight
Grafter

All the info you need for this is Here theres also an excellent troubleshooting guide Here
N/A

Unthrottling & tuning Ivan

Hi jonathanvoo,

Can I ask have you had your account /connection unthrottled by Plusnet since upgrading to the new service? Have you tried tuning your connection I highly recommend that you do this if you havent so far. I use a freeware tool which you can download from http://www.speedguide.com its called "TCPOpitimser.exe" its a small utility which uses an active ADSL connection and will adjust the MTU values for you, so you gain maximum quality & speed from your connection. It does require a reboot though so settings can take effect after you've run the program.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum Your Voice,Get Involved!
N/A

help plz

hi i have this package but i am only gettin 1mb at the moment, i think plusnet did a booboo, what shold i do, i have contacted them via email? ah they have fixed it now