cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggested max download amount?

N/A

sorry i know this has been covered before but I'm quite confused and quickly want to clarify this question.

Plusnet sent emails to those who downloaded over 150gb a month. However they seem to frown upon those downloading over 100gb a month.

If you download over 100gb a month in two consecutive months (but less than 150gb in each month) will they still see this as excessive and send you an email?

I understand their need to set limits, and have no general problems with their service. I would rather not be in their bad books however! Smiley

Thanks
7 REPLIES
N/A

I don't think they mind you having high usage every so often, they just don't seem to like you doing it regularly, so I'd try and keep it under 100gb a month until the new accounts and T&C's come out.
MrToast
Grafter

Also, if you are able to schedule some of your requirements overnight (when the network is less heavily loaded) it will count in your favour.
N/A

i personally think you should be able to download as much as you want if plus net have traffic shaping.
The busiest times are between 4 and 10 pm and if you are downloading you notice a hell of a drop in speed.
i have a 2mb line and my download speeds go down between 30-50kb during this time.
I also notice that at weekends the speeds aren't maxing out.
Speeds are fine during weekday daytime hours and through the night but if you are dropping speeds 6 hours a day and say 12 hours saturday and sunday i don't think 100gb is that excessive

just my opinion
Azagoth
Grafter

I can't complain, I'm on BB+ 2MB and I downloaded the FEAR demo, 3DMark03, 3DMark05 and Aquamark3 and a few largish game patches in a combined total time of roughly an hour. Speeds were a constant 225-230, and this was at about 20:00!

So, no complaints here!
N/A

It just depends where you stay and how many are on the internet at the time.
I was just saying what happens to me.
I am not that bothered really but i think if traffic shaping is used then that is enough.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

We don't have a fixed limit, 100GB was used this time however as people's usage changes (among other factors) this level will change.

Also, there are many customers who used far more than this that we didn't contact because they we using their connections mainly at times when the network was least busy.

[edit]corrected last sentance - thanks simon for pointing that out![/edit]
N/A

i will have to max my connection when its most busy then you wont contact me Shocked

Also, there are many customers who used far more than this that we didn't contact because they we using their connections mainly at times when the network was most busy.