cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

successful move from LLU to BTMAX (hopefully)

winnipeg1823
Grafter

Thanks to certain CS staff who frequent this forum I have been moved from LLU back to BT.

I am on my 12th day now, and touch wood all appears OK.

I have gone from speeds of around 500k, and weeks of no ADSL to speeds of around 1mb, and only short disconnections, which I was expecting anyway for the first 10 days or so.

Those of you still suffering the LLU problems, push for a move back, it can be done, free, and no downtime.

Hopefully I wont have to come on here in the future and say how bad BTMAX is, fingers, toes and everything else crossed.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Good luck! I'm sure it'll be fine, and as lousy as BTW's reputation is, its still better than Tiscali's ATM.
N/A

Is it possible to have a worse reputation than Tiscali?

You can pretend that Tiscali Wholesale and Retail are totally separate entities all you like, the fact it, they will have the same work ethics - ie appalling
N/A

Not sure what you mean when you say
You can pretend that Tiscali Wholesale and Retail are totally separate entities all you like
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hi

I appear to be elegible for a move back to Max from LLU, as I was LLUd in APril, with no option to opt out. Question is should I move back or not. My line stats on a capped LLU connection at 2.3Mps are

Downsteam Attn 46dB
Downstream Margin 7dB
Upstream Attn 26dB
Upstream Margin 13dB

I had to be capped as I was constantly losing sync, with my router, although the Speedtouch Modem was OK.
Anyone any advice?Huh
N/A

Not sure what you mean when you say
You can pretend that Tiscali Wholesale and Retail are totally separate entities all you like

When myself and many other PN customers asked PN to stay well away from Tiscali for LLU, we were told not to worry, and that Tiscali Wholesale are an entirely different branch, and that the appalling service their retail customers had suffered would not be seen with their LLU service.

Hmmmmmmmm!
lhorwath
Grafter

I went to Tiscali for the day to see the LLU implementation that they were running, before we started moving our customers over to LLU. I was very impressed. As were the two others I went with.

We were repeatedly assured
that Tiscali Wholesale are an entirely different branch, and that the appalling service their retail customers had suffered would not be seen with their LLU service.

There is no way on this planet, that we would have put our customers through this had we known what would happen.

The flip side is that we DO have more control over the lines for fault fixing, there is a better upload and those customers where it is working well, do say it is working very well.

@ hesketh14 - the 2Mb limits for IPStream are 43dB, so to get 2.3Mb with 46dB is quite good. We could not say what you would get on Max.
N/A

There is no way on this planet, that we would have put our customers through this had we known what would happen.

Well, in my opinion, it was extrememly short sighted of your company to have any dealings with a company that is known throughout the country as being the single worst ISP in the history of broadband.

Their adverts on TV are very clever, very impressive - just as your visit was.
But Im not foolish enough to ignore the advise of anyone with half a brain and sign up with them.

Im going to unsubscribe from this thead now - Ive wasted enough of my life talking about how awful Tiscali are. I dont want to waste anymore.

I appreciate your comments, however.
craigbrass
Grafter

Totally agree with you. Two bad things have happened to me with regards to Tiscali :-
1. The datacenter I rent servers off added Tiscali as an IP Transit Partner.
2. PlusNet move me over to Tiscali Wholesale.

As has been said, Tiscali can pretend Wholesale and Retail are seporate but they run on the same ship and with the same ethics (that being driven by making the most cost even if that means rubbish service for it's customers).

I must give my thanks to Liam and Stew who have now got my moving back to BT Wholesale in progress!