cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subscription

N/A

subscription

if now that plusnet speeds have droped to half what they where do we get to pay half the subscription cost?
please reply with a detailed explaination of why speeds are nearly as slow as 56k dialups as no customer support member has replied to my previous posts.
i've tried various settings and none have made any difference so the problem must be at your end.

oh and another thing i looked on your service status thing and it said that there were 4 calls waiting to be answered and the waiting time was 10 to 12 mins but i spent 45 minutes on hold this afternoon when i tried to call your support helpline,eventually giving up....seems i'm not the only one with problems.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: subscription

When you signed up to ADSL (I presume that's what you're going on about) you signed up for a contended service, whereas you use the same bandwith as other users - that is, you share a 512Kb pipe with 50 users (I think it's 50). Therefore, the service must be very busy if all 50 users are using the pipe (512/50 = 10.24 or ~ 10kb/sec)

Unless there is some sort of network control still in place, which Im not sure about....

> if now that plusnet speeds have droped to half what they where do we get to pay half the subscription cost?
> please reply with a detailed explaination of why speeds are nearly as slow as 56k dialups as no customer support member has replied to my previous posts.
> i've tried various settings and none have made any difference so the problem must be at your end.
>
> oh and another thing i looked on your service status thing and it said that there were 4 calls waiting to be answered and the waiting time was 10 to 12 mins but i spent 45 minutes on hold this afternoon when i tried to call your support helpline,eventually giving up....seems i'm not the only one with problems.

N/A

why has it been ok all last month if thats the case?
N/A

> why has it been ok all last month if thats the case?
Hi there,
Please see my reply to your other post.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----