cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still slow

jinje
Grafter

still slow

my websites are still loading really slow. Are plusnet still having problems or is it just meHuh I've just uploaded a web design for a client and it will look terrible if it loads slow.
20 REPLIES
bobgidden
Grafter

still slow

Well, yes, see the thread "More grumbles....quote of the year..!"

Just make sure your clients get up at 7am - with black coffee :lol:

BobG
N/A

still slow

Not so sure about the coffee. Wouldn't sedatives be better?
N/A

still slow

Better still if +net got the damn thing fixed, it's been going on for far too long now.
N/A

still slow

I don't know about you guys but I feel pretty gutted today. 48 hours after uploading my FP site I can't get it all. Either a blank screen or the "Page can't be displayed" message. And its six hours since I raised a ticket to try and find the reason. Not knowing the cause is frustrating to say the least.
N/A

still slow

going on for far too long

You hit the nail on the head.
N/A

still slow

I feel pretty gutted today

Personally, I've got to the point where I'm not posting my opinions on this issue anymore. Not because I feel any better about it, but rather because I've reached the point where I can't express my feelings without the use of expletives.

The only thing keeping me with Plus Net at the moment is the cost of migration. And frankly, that's seeming less and less like a reason to stay with every day that passes.
zpeterk
Grafter

Web site slow

Just checked out a couple of +net web sites and they are really slow!!!!!!

Will there be a definitive answer to when things are going to be up to speed or is it time to migrate referrals hosting elsewhere?
N/A

still slow

I feel pretty gutted today

The only thing keeping me with Plus Net at the moment is the cost of migration. And frankly, that's seeming less and less like a reason to stay with every day that passes.

12 month contract for me...
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

still slow

Hi,

I wish I could give you give you a definitive answer, the best information we have is on service status. We've done a lot of work already and will continue to work on the problem until it is resolved. The upgrades to the web servers are making a difference and we should see more improvement when the rest of the work is complete.
Julie
Grafter

still slow

Hi

I updated one of my pages on my website this morning and it is not refreshing

Now in view of your latest announcement
In line with our continual service improvements to our storage space, we have removed caching for html pages and jpeg images. We are continuing to look at additional measures we can take to improve the performance of the storage space and will be monitoring all areas on a daily basis to ensure that any further recurrence of this problem is addressed as quickly as possible. We would welcome any feedback on this.

Should this .htm page have updated immediately?
I have more pages to update over the weekend and I want my visitors to see the updates, thanks.

Edit... for INFO...to get this page to show I have had to to a hard refresh outside the frame...The thought of doing this to all the other pages I have to update over the weekend, is not a good one...
Please plusnet, if possible get our websites back to how they were before when you could upload pages and they were instantly there, and browsing was no broblem, many thanks.
Community Veteran

still slow

That may be a problem with your local browser cache and your browser not recognising the page has changed. PlusNets webcache has been removed so that is not the cause this time.

Upload a new page, clear your browser cache then see if you see the new page when you visit your site. If you do then it's not the PlusNet servers causing the problem but your local caching.
Julie
Grafter

still slow

Fine...I'll do that but how do I let all my visitors know they have to do this...Huh??

This was not the case in the past before all these problems started was it??

Sorry, I have been very patient through all this now all this has started to become very frustrating Sad
Community Veteran

still slow

It may be browser dependent and how it has been configured as to when the browers actually requets the page from your webspace rather than supplying it from it's local cache. It may also only effect other users who may have recently visited your page and have a copy of the page in their local cache - and how their browser is configured. Normally browers try to supply pages from the local cache.

What browser do you use?

If it's IE what have you got set for the section 'check for newer versions of stored pages' in tools->internet options->General tab->settings button
Julie
Grafter

still slow

Hi

Thanks for your reply, please don't think I am getting at you persoanlly I am not . Wink
I do not normally complain it's just getting a bit frustrating now.

I do use I.E.6 and it set to Browse for newer versions of pages automatically.
I hope that helps