cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still says pending(my new broadband)help!!

brettking24
Grafter

help i stopped my broadband at my old address and its ment to switched of today but it still says pending,any ideas why its still saying this?i realy want my internet back on again.

this was done under the move my broadband.

also my phone line at my new address has died so i have a bt guy coming to check it tomorrow as it was working when i moved into my new house over a week ago.

could a plsunet member call me as im using a library pc.

thanks-

Edit: I've removed your mobile number. Mand Beckett, Comms Team
6 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Your line is still in the process of being ceased by BT, until the order is closed off we cannot place the new broadband order for you. I'd recommend contacting BT once the line is working tomorrow, and request that they close off the orders in the system.
brettking24
Grafter

but...

but im still keeping the same tel number as what i had at my old address,what should i say to bt when i call them tomorrow?

its been a week already and i paid my £40 fee plus im paying £22 for my broadband,just thought plusnet handle all this and didnt expect to have to call bt myself.
brettking24
Grafter

help please

anyone know what steps i should take?
Mand
Grafter

The order which is preventing us from proceeding is a PSTN order (the voice side of your phone line). This is why we recommend you speak to BT.

You can only have one order in the system at any one time, so we really cannot do anything else until BT close this off.

This problem does tend to occur from time to time when moving and keeping the same number as the different BT systems sometimes take a little while to catch up.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Keeping the same number? Don't know a lot about it myself, but remember James making a blog posting about it.

Ah it's here
Or you can go down the old fashioned route. Cease the service at your old house and provide the service at the new house. This is generally pretty straightforward, unless of course you want to keep your phone number. Let’s face it, why wouldn’t you want to? Save all the hassle of having to redistribute your phone number, getting various business cards reprinted, the list goes on. What the majority of our customers do not realise (and for extremely valid reasons!!) is that if you keep the same telephone number, we are unable to place the new provide order until the cease has gone through. So essentially you’re looking at roughly 3 weeks for the entire process to complete, leaving the customer without a broadband service for 1-2 weeks, assuming everything goes to plan. This is down to the cease and provide orders both takinng 5 working days to complete and relies on the BT Availability Checker updating itself, which often takes a couple of days.
James
Grafter

I also wrote a dissertation on the house move processes which you are more than welcome to have a read of.

http://community.plus.net/csc/2007/05/28/house-moves-processes-payments-and-problems/