cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stay with plus net or not

bigtim
Grafter

ive just joined plus net from wanadoo as i had a cap of 2gb,now what i was wondering is wether or not ive done the right thing :?
I do keep having problems with connections and slow speeds,
so to my question;
Is there a period for new uses were they can change their mind after joining without getting grief or penelties.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

There is the 45day garuntee but it's not really much use.

Can you post more details of your problems? I'm sure we will be able to help you.
bigtim
Grafter

i keep getting a green bt page every so often and internet pages keep getting really slow to open and sometime dont open atall,and ive noticed a lot of bad feedback on here.Maybe im worying over nothing :roll:
why is the 45 day thing no good
Community Veteran

You are not the only one getting the BT page, there are many reporting this in other threads here and on ADSLguide over the past few days so it is not of your making but something wrong at BT/PlusNet.

All you can do is wait to see if PN can discover what the problem is and fix it.

The PlusNet guarantee does allow you to exit any 12 month contracts but you still have to pay for any activation fees/hardware (not necessary in your case) and the migrate in fee which is just deferred for 12 months and payable if you leave within that time. PN will also pay any migration fee that other ISPs have if you decide to migrate elsewhere.
N/A

See thread "DNS issues tonight" people getting connection problems tonight
Community Veteran

or BTw Page
N/A

I too have started to re-consider using plusnet. It was OK to begin with, but I have now had a simple billing ticket outstanding with the cust servcie team for over 1 month that no-one seems to be actioning. (Ticket no : 17450664)

When I move house shortly I will defiantley NOT using plusnet if service stays this bad...
N/A

I'd go elsewhere if you can, the customer support sucks!
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I disagree. Although our customer support team is very busy at the moment, they are all working very hard to resolve the issues that are raised to us in a timely manner.

We also have several new agents who are about to complete their training and will be contributing to this effort in the next few days as part of our ongoing recruitment pregramme.
N/A

I appreciate that your customer service is very busy, as are most customer service departments of ISP's, but do you consider 30+ days to resolve a simple billing issue to be appropriate ? Do you consider no updates on the issue for 2 working weeks to be 'in a timely manner' ?

I have provided all information that your agents have asked for and yet still no response, or even status updates when I have asked for one.

How hard is it for someone to reply to my mail telling me you are looking at it, and giving me an ETA ? I am not expecting an instant response here, just progress.

Ignoring customer issues is one way to resolve them, as most issues disappear when your customers join another ISP....
Ben_Brown
Grafter

...do you consider 30+ days to resolve a simple billing issue to be appropriate?

No, I don't consider this to be appropriate. This is not the standard amount of time an issue is resolved, in fact the majority of issues can be solved in a phone call to us.
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

One of the main reasons for my joining Plusnet was because most other isp's customer service departments were known to be poor and the fact that Plusnet had won awards helped swing my decision. Although I have only contacted plusnet on 3 occasions (and these were not connected with my account) each time the issues were resolved quickly and efficiently. I think it is important to remember that there must be hundreds of problems that are resolved daily to customers satisfaction but we just dont get to hear about these. Although i recognise that the service provided may of slipped a little recently i still believe it is better than many other providers. Lets hope the high satisfaction level is reached again soon.