Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

static ip

m00nie
Grafter

static ip

is payg on a static ip,

ive had a dynamic one (been on payg for months)up untill sometime during past few day but now its changed on my profile to static.

does that mean il be on that for good now? Sad Sad

or could someone switch it back to dynamic for me please :roll: :roll: :roll:
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

static ip

There are two versions of PAYG, the standard £14.99 per month which includes 2G of usage and a static IP address.

Then there is PAYG BASIC which is £9.99 per month with 450M usage included, and dynamic IP address.

Chilly
sam
Grafter

static ip

Hi,

It is not possible to provide you with a static IP on a standard pay as you go account.

Is there some reason why you wish for this to be removed? If this is something that rDNS then if you raise a ticket on your account to our support team, this can be changed.
James
Grafter

static ip

It's extremely unlikely to have been just moved onto a Static IP address as one of the features of the Broadband PAYG account is a Static IP.

What makes you think that this has just changed?
m00nie
Grafter

static ip

i was on payg normal 14.99 for months, the other day i upped my usage and think thats when it triggered the static ip.

before then i was on a dynamic, as i could switch off my router and when i loged back in i would get a different ip number. (said dynamic in my profile also where you click on static ip)

dont really like the static ip. security reasons (as quoted from here)

and ok il be honest Shockedops: some of the sites i download from use ip to monitor you and your only allowed to download once per few hours,which when your trying to do your downloads after midnight (during free time) dosent give you much time..

thought generally people had to pay for the priveledge of getting a static ip?

does that mean its easier to give out dynamic ones?