cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stable rate gone to 8000

N/A

stable rate gone to 8000

Why if I am on max has my stable rate shot up to 8000?
Last time I checked it said 3000. Isnt this figure supposed to be the lowest sync I have got in last 3 days - blip logic?
I always sync at between 3000 and 4000 so why does the stable rate page show 8000? Have I been sneakily reLLU'ed?Huh
14 REPLIES
N/A

Hmm

its does look like you have been LLU'd you can tell if your upstream is faster than 448.
Alecto
Grafter

stable rate gone to 8000

Sounds like LLU to me.
If your up sync rate is higher than 448, that will confirm it.
James
Grafter

stable rate gone to 8000

Hi there,

Yes, you are on LLU, and have been since June 29th.
N/A

stable rate gone to 8000

Err actually I complained bitterly about being LLU'ed as my connection was unstable completely, a MAC key was generated and I was moved to a BTMax product. This happened in mid-august as I was unable to use my net from LLUing date until the max move went through. The move was confirmed to have gone ahead by Bob Pullen. Shortly after being maxxed I checked stable rate it was at 4000, then after I had target snr increased and interleaving removed it dropped to 3000. Now this morning I check it and its at 8000. So have you again gone against my wishes and moved me from Max back to LLU?? This is disgusting underhanded behaviour if this is the case and you can put me right back on Max again. My tickets have disappeared from the ticket list, they are not visible under closed, last 7 day, last 28 days or all. I need printout of those tickets so I can report you to OFCOM for your behaviour. If this is indeed the case I will move all mail to gmail and end my contract with you immediately as I want an ISP I can trust and not one that goes behind my back after 2 months of hassle due to being LLU'ed in the first place.
When I was originally LLU'ed my upstream speed was at 445. Since I was put on max my upstream speed was 448. It is still 448. The stable rate page used to behave as it should for a max product but now it doesnt. Now its showing me that I think you have reLLU'ed me back from max after only a few days. So please whats going on? I never recieved any emails again telling me you were discontinuing my max product and reLLU'ing me.
I think its about time you guys started being honest with me, dont you?
Why have my two major tickets from last two months been removed from the ticket list? Why close tickets when I am still monitoring my connection for problems and told you that after 3-4 days of stable net I would close it myself?
I am now so angry with you guys its incredible. Are you saying if I wish to move away from plusnet I wont get a bt mac? Even after being maxxed?
Send me by snail mail printouts of the two missing tickets immediately. You have screwed me in the ass for the last time!
N/A

stable rate gone to 8000

PS. Also send the tickets by email and a copy of any contract I entered into with you, and a copy of the terms and conditions I agreed to. I am passing all this to my lawyer now and will start legal proceedings to recover all costs incurred due to moving to LLU and anything else I can get from you as well for the hassle and aggravation you have caused me.
I see my billing date is showing that you have given me the next two months net free due to the problems i've had for the last two months. But this isnt good enough I'm afraid. I spent over £12 on telephone costs to your CSC and never once recieved tangible help from any of you.
N/A

stable rate gone to 8000

Well this is unbelievable. I mention here my tickets pertaining to the LLUing problem had been made invisible to me and suddenly both appear in my ticket list again. I am sick and tired of all this aggravation. I searched thru endless reams of tickets just last night and neither were there and now they are. Is this part of the portal faulty? Are you just trying to wind me up even more than you have already?
Awaiting all this info by email. I urge you to do this quickly so I can pass the whole lot on to my lawyer and see where we go from there.
N/A

stable rate gone to 8000

found it!
excert from pm from bob to me on 14th august.

Hi there,

The packet loss under LLU could well have been due to intermittent issues with our LTS routers. Now you are on IPStream the problems, as you suspect, could well be do with retraining.

See how things are after 12 days or so of being on Max. The offer is there to move you back to a fixed IPStream product if you find you are still having problems.

Clearly this says I was maxxed. So I ask again, why does stable rate show at 8000?? Which one of you two csc operatives are lieing to me? I cannot be maxxed and tiscali at same time hence one of you is!
James
Grafter

stable rate gone to 8000

My apologies. It looks like you were indeed moved back to IPStream on the 16th. BT is showing a current asset for you since then.

In that case, I don't know why your stable rate is showing 8000, I imagine its down to it having not changed snce you were moved back. But this in itself shouldn't be an issue.
N/A

stable rate gone to 8000

What are the upper limits for U/S Sync on ADSL?
I basically want to know if my work connection is on ADSL or LLU?
I recall that the business products have faster U/S than home connections, but can't remember the thresholds.

Ta

EDIT: Ignore me - I think I have the answer already.
832kbs U/S on ours (which clearly I knew already, but LLU hasn't been enabled yet on our exchange - so we must be ADSL)
James
Grafter

stable rate gone to 8000

U/s is 448 on Max, 832 on Max Premium.

800 on Tiscali.
N/A

stable rate gone to 8000

Cheers James - as I suspected for mine, thanks for the other details too.
N/A

stable rate gone to 8000

In that case, I don't know why your stable rate is showing 8000, I imagine its down to it having not changed snce you were moved back. But this in itself shouldn't be an issue

But it has changed. For the first few days it was 8000, then it dropped to 4000, then it further dropped to 3000 on raising target snr and removing interleaving. Connection been pretty stable for couple of days with only one loss of sync and that was late at night(possibly streetlighting effect) and I check it this morning and it shows 8000. You must see why this concerns me as my major problem for 2 months was packet loss on LLU. [/sarcasm] So as it says 8000 and my speed is only 2500 which is way less than 70% of 8000 I guess its a speed fault![/sarcasm]. Honestly what is the point in providing such a tool if it doesnt work and the people who operate it / update it have no idea why it shows wrongly!? Nice to see we can always trust PN and their tools!
Community Veteran

stable rate gone to 8000

Honestly what is the point in providing such a tool if it doesnt work and the people who operate it / update it have no idea why it shows wrongly!? Nice to see we can always trust PN and their tools!

It is not just you, I have had ticket going for a month trying to tell them there is a problem with this tool. The blinkers seem tightly fitted at the moment ... Sad

SW
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

stable rate gone to 8000

Yep - mines wrong too. I also was moved from LLU to BT Max and for a while there is was showing the correct value but recently it seems to have been stuck on 8000 and refuses to budge. It doesn't seem to cause any ill effects but it does seem odd.