cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed

N/A

speed

Ive been connected to your adsl service for about 2 weeks now and until today have not had a problem with it.The problem i am encountering is the download speed.I have done numerous speed tests and have only managed to be able to get a outrageous 62k/sec.Just wondering if there is something wrong with the service, and if not maybe one of the customer support team may share some light on this problem.
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: speed

You'll be lucky mate - have a look at some of the other poor sods on Plusnet who dont get answers for weeks on end. Paying for 576K only getting 27K download speeds (like me)
My connection was great too for about 2 weeks - then it appears someone says "that's enough slow him down." we've got his money!!!
I'm soon off to an ISP that gives VFM.
BTW you'll notice there's no delay in taking money from your bank account - eh?
N/A

Take it from that man.

Everything that he has pointed out is true. I need to speak to him, coz i thought i was the pain in the arse, but other people are having probs with plusnet. And the money side........SPOT ON. Do they fail to take money ut the bank, do they `eckers like
N/A

well looking at tonight's performance doesnt look like i will be modelling tomorrow cos at 6k a sec and less, its bloody useless to me.

Buying a new house next year, so dont know what i will be going for. For now this is an experience i dont want to copy. :angryfire:
N/A

What makes u think it will be better elsewhere when ultimately BT control the exchanges and capacity?

Sometimes it better to be with the devil u know rather than the one u don't :-)

PS....never had a prob ever speed wise. Running at 470 down and 246 up...... I love it! Pings are great for gaming too....20-60 average

cheers
Homerlovesbeer

N/A

> Sometimes it better to be with the devil u know rather than the one u don't :-)

With the DEVIL you know, you know the ***** you get.

With the DEVIL you dont, More expense.

Service cant get any worse really.
N/A

>
> > Sometimes it better to be with the devil u know rather than the one u don't :-)
>
> With the DEVIL you know, you know the ***** you get.
>
> With the DEVIL you dont, More expense.
>
> Service cant get any worse really.
>

I get a consistent 576 down/ 288 up.
Download speeds (from web) in the order of 25-55 kb/sec.
I consider this normal am I being ignorant.
N/A

Hi All,

If you are having speed problems then we need to know about it. There are a number of things that we need in order to look into problems of this type.

The upload and download speed that you get off a few different sites both internal (file vault) and external.

Also useful is a couple of traceroutes to external sites to see if any obvious slowdown or packetloss is evident.

I can understand peoples frustration but the thing to remember about faults of this nature is that they are without a doubt the hardest to diagnose and resolve. You can see from the replies to this thread that not everyone is affected so this make pinning down the point of slowdown an arduous process.

We will look into all problems of this nature but if you raise them through contact us with all the necessary information it will save us a lot of time at our end investigating.

Regards

Josh
--
| Josh Berry.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +