cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed speed speed

N/A

speed speed speed

Reading this forum I find most posts are about speed problems and the answers come back check your wiring/filters/PC settings/etc is it really feasible that so many people have these problems? logically I would blame PN.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

speed speed speed

Careful, you'll be in danger of becoming as cynical as me. :lol:

Yes, hard as it may be to beleive, over the last few weeks, the evil wiring fairy (you know the lesser known sister of the good wiring fairy) has visited a number of PN customers and fundamentally changed their internal wiring and or router settings to slow down their internet connection and gaming sessions.

We have asked the evil wiring fairy why she has picked on PN customers only, and she is currently "looking into it" for us.

On a more serious note, it seems that the recent fiddling of the ellacoyas has resulted in some unwanted side effects, more recent tweaks seem to have fixed it for a few, but there do remain a significant number who are still experiencing speed issues for one reason or another.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

speed speed speed

It's obvious that making sure the higher specification products (Premier and PAYG) get the performance they should will result in poorer performance on BB+ when using protocols it's not designed for (e.g. P2P).

The problem has been that the differential has not been there so that people on BB+ who want better performance can see what benefits they would get by upgrading.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)