cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed restrictions

N/A

speed restrictions

whilst having read these forums for the last months ,Ihave been told twice now that my line doesn't support the 2mb connection..my previous ISP was able to give me 2mg.(puzzled)to cut a long story short over the last couple of months ,
I have been monitoring my speed, 15kb-40kb, on a 1 mb premier connection this is crap....to prove my point I have left a download running all night (by the way I have a Toshiba P4 2.7 htz satalite)Laptop....At my place of work I have a 512 mb BT Yahoo broadband connection....my average download speed overnight, (off peak) with plus net was 22kb......immediatly on connect at work, my download was flat out at 62kb constant untill the download finished...done this comparison test 3 times now over the last month and come up with very similar results.....so in conclusion your service is very poor and I will be raising a ticket for a migration number to change my ISP to someone who can value for money cause at 21-99 per month I am geeting not much better than dialup speed

Strange things do happen ...we are now 3+ days since I made this post...have changed nothing....had no response from +net....but suddenly my d/l speed has reached 122kb and is always constant.....the mind boggles... :roll: Tongue
11 REPLIES
Highlighted
N/A

speed restrictions

It is now 01-25 am download speed 18 kb what a load of tosh
N/A

speed restrictions

As one connection is at home and the other is at work, perhaps it's an exchange problem.

I am in a similar situation as far as the line goes - on 1 Mb because I'm too far from the exchange to get 2 Mb - and regularly get download speeds in excess of 100 KB/sec - even a notoriously congested USA site which I just finished hammering about half an hour ago clocked up over 90 KB/sec, so there doesn't seem to be a problem on PlusNet's side of things.
N/A

speed restrictions

I tend to agree with Gordon above - you could try clicking here to check the current status of your exchange.
Proclus
Grafter

speed restrictions

I have a 2mb prem connection. Touch wood ,i haven't had any problems with download speeds. My download speeds always range from 220-280KB/sec

It sounds like the problem, you're having is either exchange or line related. Wink
N/A

speed restrictions

Have you been through the exchange checker to see what the status is yet?
Have you tried troubleshooting using the advice in the 'help' section of this portal?
N/A

speed restrictions

My exchange is OK all systems show green...my prevoiu ISP was fine...+net was fine until all the regrade stuff that came out in april,,since then crap..even in the ealy hours of the morning ie 1am-7am....main prob seems to be torrents...problem should be solved shortly as I am moving house and different exchange and prob new broadband supplier...not paying for moving when a new ISP will cost nothing.................
N/A

speed restrictions

What account are you on?
N/A

speed restrictions

I am also getting absolute sh*t connection speeds with a 2Mb premium account paying £29.99 a month!

I've just ran speed tests with PlusNet's own speed tester and the results are all less than 100kbps. 100kbps!!! Sometimes even as low as dialup.

Any explanations?

I've checked my exchange status and it's all green.
N/A

speed restrictions

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27 - do that too, that'll show if it's PlusNet's connection or BT (correct me if I am wrong, heh)
N/A

speed restrictions

Tested with BT and it returned 1820kpbs instantly.

Now, having reconnected to plusnet, it seems to be behaving a little better but still only around 1Mb speeds although connected at 2mb.
N/A

speed restrictions

Hi,

Record two or three BT speed tests and then a couple from ADSL guide. If these show a marked difference raise a ticket with Plus Net or give them a ring.

The Plus Net speed tester has been iffy in the past. The AG tester is better.