cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed caps.

N/A

speed caps.

When I signed up I never saw anything about speed caps and it would be nice if you made it painfully obvious that there are speed caps and usage limits.
10 REPLIES
N/A

speed caps.

Hi there,

Not entirely sure what you mean by speed caps, but from the main product page for the Premier Products it states

Broadband Premier is subject to a Sustainable Usage policy. Choosing a higher speed product also gives you a higher level of usage each month - Find out more
- with a link to the SUP page.

If it could be made more clear than that, I am sure the Comms Team would be happy to hear your suggestions.
N/A

speed caps.

Hi there,

Not entirely sure what you mean by speed caps

My download speed never goes above 20KB/s using bit torrent.. even though there are tons of seeds.
N/A

speed caps.

About a year ago three was a discussion about a Fair Usage Policy. 1 week ebfore it went live it was decided to not go ahead with it, but instead cut Contention ratios

Since that date I have heard nothing until today when I was just browsing on Plus nets site, about New Fair Usage Policy, 'Sustainable Use'

Were PlusNet gonna bother e-mailuing us and telling us?

I signed up to the 2mb package paying £21.99 even though I can ONLY get 512k, because BT won;t re-route me and plusnet won't chuck their weight around to BT wholesale

and suddenly tioday I find out from a small look around my downloads are being monitored on a sustainable use. I could have easily accidentally gone over that as I wasn;t aware of it

If you implement something you are LEGALLY obliged to inform us 30 days in advance to ANY change in the Terms and Conditions. and being subject to a 'Sustainable USE policy' IS a change in terms and conditions, as when I signed up tehre was not even any talk of it.

infact there was talk against the idea, due to the customer feedback you got last time when you were about to put in a 'Fair Usage Policy'

This sustainable even reads WORSE than that fair usage policy.

But still does nto excuse any fact that I was not informed!!!!!!

Tristan Martin
N/A

speed caps.

Hi there,

Not entirely sure what you mean by speed caps, but from the main product page for the Premier Products it states

Broadband Premier is subject to a Sustainable Usage policy. Choosing a higher speed product also gives you a higher level of usage each month - Find out more

If it could be made more clear than that, I am sure the Comms Team would be happy to hear your suggestions.

Yeah but PCSNI, you have to rememebr this product has been running over a year, and back in May 2005 when I upgraded to this product. There was no mention of SUP, it wasn;t even a concept
So this SUP is something thats been snuck in overnight (and it has snuck in, (see previous comment about not being informed of the change))
Hence why we are wondernig whats going on.
N/A

speed caps.

Hi there,

I understand what you are saying, but this is the ideas and suggestion forum. The OP made a suggestion and I responded to that by saying that it had already been implemented.

This is not the forum for discussing the ins and outs of FUP/SUP.

There are a few threads in the Community Support forum for that discussion.

We'll leave this one for the ideas etc. Smiley
N/A

speed caps.

I'll have a go...

[Engage Sarcasm]

"Broadband Premier is subject to speed throttling during peak hours when using protocols such as P2P.
It also has a USENET download limit of 15gb at full speed. After this, USENET downloads are heavily throttled at all times.
There is an overall download limit of 100gb Per Month and an additional limit of 30gb during peak hours. If these limits are breached you will be subjected to connection managment and extensive speed throttling.
Please read the Sustainable Usage Policy to make these details less clear."

[/Dis-Engage Sarcasm]

That should do it! Smiley

On a more serious note, at least they have now added a link to the SUP in the sign up pages.
They need to go further though and advise people on the current USENET policy and also to explain exactly the impact connection mangement has.

Regards
Steve
N/A

speed caps.

It also has a USENET download limit of 15gb at full speed. After this, USENET downloads are heavily throttled at all times

And at that point mr and mrs joe average say,

"what the hell is Usenet? 15gb? Dont like the sound of that. I'm off" :roll:

Usenet is used by a very very small number of customers. It makes sense not to confuse the ones that dont even know of its existence.

I'll pass on commenting on the other suggestions. I'll leave that for CS forum.
:lol:

And this cant develop into a discussion of the ins and outs of Usenet / Traffic management on this board. We can continue it on CS if necessary. Smiley
N/A

speed caps.

If Usenet is used by such a small minority of cusomers, why is it throttled so much ?
N/A

speed caps.

Usenet is used by a very very small number of customers. It makes sense not to confuse the ones that dont even know of its existence.

Oh dear,
Listen and listen hard you dumb thickies, we know whats best for you.
Just keep taking your medication
N/A

speed caps.

Guys.

This is an ideas and suggestions forum.

There is a very lenghty thread over in Community Support for this type of discussion.

Please leave this board for ideas and keep this discussion for the appropriate place.

Thanks.