cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so is PAYG still borked??

dannykos
Grafter

i mean - exchange VPs are green - i'm synching at nearly 7000 - it's just after 3pm daytime on supposedly GOLD+ PAYG and i get this:

Evil
17 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

I would not expect you to be seeing this. I'd be most grateful though if you could post the speeds you get from the BT speed tester, just to rule out a problem with your exchange (It can be months before BT mark a problematic exchange as red in the data they provide!). Doing this will allow me to kick off some further investigation of where your speed issue is arising from.

It would also be helpful to us to know which Gateway you are connected to.

Regards,

Ian
dannykos
Grafter

ian - i'm LLU - so that's an easy one. Will do a speed test in the morning.
dannykos
Grafter

BT speedtester keeps giving me errors.. is that because i'm LLU??

did some more speedtests this morning too - still nothing over 1000
carrot63
Grafter

You cant use the BT tester if you're on LLU. I think (but I'm not 100% sure) the one you want is

Username: testing@dslconnect.co.uk
Pass: testing
Ianwild
Grafter

Ahh - You are on LLU, which makes a massive difference in terms of where we look for the cause of a problem like this.

Is it consistently slow, day and night, or does it vary?

Ian
dannykos
Grafter

varies really - although I've only had one 5000+ speedtest since early december. All the rest have been sub 1000 except a couple of 2000-3000 ones.

Before you ask - no i don't have the christmas tree lights on Wink
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

There could be a few things here causing the problem, the best thing to do is run a few speed tests on and off peak over the next couple of days and raise it as a fault via

http://faults.plus.net

include all the speedtest results in the extra comments section and the fault guys can look into it.
dannykos
Grafter

tried that a couple of weeks ago - but was told in a ticket that because my exchange was red there was nothing to be done - so i guess i have to try and get the fault analysed and sorted before my now green Vps go back to red again!

It's weird how the exchanges always seem to do that.....

anyhow - will give it another go
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

That's interesting, because if you are on LLU it shouldn't make a difference if the exchange status is red (as that relates to BT IPStream rather than LLU). If you can try it again that would be appreciated and do let us know if it stops you because of a red as we'll need to raise that internally to correct.

As an aside, some exchanges will show as a being red for long time not necessarily because they haven't been fixed but because the bigger exchanges will have multiple VPs (virtual paths) and it only takes one to hit capacity for the exchange to show red. Sometimes we'll see one VP go red, and then another will go red and the first is fixed, then a third and the second is fixed. The checker then appears to always be red with what seem to be ever shifting dates but in reality it's different VPs each time (or at least some of the time).
dannykos
Grafter

tried the fault checker - when i told it i had a speed issue - it proceeded to ask me all about my connection problems??

I don't have conection problems? :roll:

surely this should suffice??:

N/A

I dont bother using my plusnet internet nomore but suffered the same thing.. still pay but get internet from alternative sources..

now i get this

dannykos
Grafter

nice - cheers for rubbing my nose in it!!

Sad
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Has the most recent profile change made any difference?
dannykos
Grafter

see reponse in my ticket. Not sure if it was the profiling change, as i can't believe that a once - stable and fast connection, can now need to be artificially slowed - to get half decent speeds.
profile has been reset - and i now show this on my router:

ADSL Link	Downstream	Upstream

Connection Speed 6110 kbps 535 kbps
Line Attenuation 43.5 db 20.5 db
Noise Margin 15.3 db 16.0 db

speed test currently this:

will keep monitoring...