cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow connection - dns?

rikmoncur
Grafter

slow connection - dns?

odd stuff - websites connect ok with firefox but not with IE (was on IE6, now on IE7 but slow connections with both versions on windows xp)
on my laptop (IE7 windows xp) connects fast enough - it's just IE on my desktop that's slow...!
Is this a dns issue?
Is there somehow I can flush the dns?

I know Plusnet is adding new servers this week becauseof dns problems but it seems very odd it's just one browser on one computer that's slow.

What to do?
4 REPLIES
rikmoncur
Grafter

slow connection - dns?

oh look - tumbleweed...!
pepsi_max2k
Grafter

slow connection - dns?

err... you could try using different dns servers. on windows - network connections > your internet conntection > Internet Protocol > properties > use following dns > try opendns.com's ones (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220).

but if it's just IE that's not working then prolly not that. try turning off the phishing filter thingy in IE, that's meant to slow stuff down a bit. otherwise, why not just use FF most of the time?
N/A

slow connection - dns?

I've been experiencing something similar. It takes a while for the browser to 'find' a page/image, but the actual loading seems OK, so I'm assuming it's a DNS issue.

I am finding IE6 faster than FF1.5.

regards,
Andrew
rikmoncur
Grafter

slow connection - dns?

thanx yorkfriend - got the phish filter off already but it's not that.
seems to be a bit better today but there are a few other posts appearing about the same problem.