site slow

is it me or is your site slow.

just pointing it out

gary
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: site slow

Hi Gary,

Seems to be fine from here, is it slow in general or is one particular area giving you trouble ?

Regards
--
| Dean Wood..........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support Agent..............for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

> is it me or is your site slow.
>
> just pointing it out
>
> gary

Hi Gary,
I feel the same thing, I brought it up with support and I get the feeling you might have to just accept the way it works.
One or two of the other ISP's I have used in the past (this is dial up), seem to have dynamic access, as you sometimes have to dial in two or three times before getting an answer, but then they work like clockwork, without the 'long pregnant pauses' you get with plusnet. I also get the impression reading some of the postings, that a similar situation occurs with the ASDL service. It's just that the pauses are the same length and the data transfers faster. As the current data trasfer speed dosn't bother me, I see little point in paying more for a similar service.
There, I feel much better now out her in the real world!

Norman
N/A

I know I work here, but the site's always been fine for me. Are there any particular sections that you find slow, or just certain parts? Remember a lot of the portal is dynamically (on-the-fly) generated, so you may experience slight pauses in come sections where your browser waits for response to queries.

Regards,
Mike
--
"Leveraging synergy through pestering people"