cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending email (outlook express) problem (server error 550)

N/A

Hi
I have viewed some posts here and it looks like the problem is identified but it does not work.
I have two accounts handled by outlook express.
One for PLUS net and one for another address (wp.pl domain). I can receive emails using both accounts but can only send from one of them, i.e. from PLUS only. When using another one I get this 550 error. Admins from wp.pl domain told me to contact PLUS admins as there is a lack of proper entry in DNS and rev-DNS.
Should I rise some support ticket for this or is it a temporary problem?
thanks

PS. this is a policy wp.pl uses:
http://profil.wp.pl/bulk_email_policy.html
6 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

What server are you trying to use when sending via the account that is not working?

But for support, I'd advise raising a ticket via link:contact us, as the support team will be able to advise you fully.
N/A

What server are you trying to use when sending via the account that is not working?
incoming is:pop3.wp.pl
and
outgoing is:smtp.wp.pl (which is the one you ask I suppose)
Community Veteran

If you are trying to send from both acounts when connected to plusnet, you must use the plusnet SMTP server; relay.plus.net

Most SMTP servers block use by connections not on their own IP address ranges so they can't be used for spamming.
N/A

but how come? My outlook outgoing server is specified as above for this half working account.
I have tried another test as found yesterday that I can verify via telnet some ports.
So did issue
telnet smtp.wp.pl 25 (hope this was the syntax and there was no other option)
and got exactly the same error (with references to this web page I placed in my very first post here)
Community Veteran

Have you actually tried changing all SMTP entries to relay.plus.net? Because that is what is stopping you from sending when connected to a PlusNet connection.

Also make sure you disable any requirement for SMTP authentication as plusnet uses the IP address to validate if it will allow you to send mail through their SMTP servers.
N/A

sorted
changing outgoing server to relay.plus.net did the work
Also got almost parallel same answer from support but the hidden problem was sorted here in your post

Also make sure you disable any requirement for SMTP authentication as plusnet uses the IP address to validate if it will allow you to send mail through their SMTP servers.

Many thanks