cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send new customer account information before connected

N/A

I just joined plusnet today. BT switched me over from my old provider (Eclipse) today 1.5 days early. But without any connection settings for my new plusnet account I could not try the new DSL connection and as I was disconnected from my old provider I had not DSL. I work from home so I can't live for a day without DSL.

I was going to be left in Limbo and disconnected for the 1.5 days as neither Eclipse or Plusnet said they could connect me. In reality I had been connected to plusnet immediately after my disconnection from Eclipse. But I had to make multiple phone calls to my old provider (who figured it all out) to find this out. 4 hours later, I eventually convinced the plusnet customer service rep that I had been connected and gave him the details that Eclipse supplied me with! He then sent me my logon/pass. Then added me to their network as a user. Then I was up.

This could all haven been avoided if plusnet sent out the DSL logon/pass and added me to their system in advance - i.e. as soon as the account was setup. Then I would have tried the new logon and password and just been up and running.

While technically setting me up early might require some changes at plusnet, something must be done to help early migrations. BT seems to do their work ahead of schedule (sometimes) but no provision has been made at plusnet to handle this exception. The result is a frustrating migration. Plusnet could fix this I believe.

Greg.
4 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

To be honest, I think BT should do the migrations when they are requested to do so rather than eariler or later. That way you will still be able to connect to your old providor until BT switch you over to PlusNet.

Meh, what can I say, as with every post reguarding BT, they are USELESS! lol
N/A

I had exactly the same issue and experience. All it needed was the mail to be sent out earlier with tthe conenction and login details. I had to go into work to get net access and therefore the details on mail.

Shame as apart from that it all happened very smoothly
LiamM
Grafter

What package are you on?
N/A

Doesn't the last page that you get to as part of the sign up procedure tell you the connection details required?
Not trying to be rude at all, but I think they are there.
If not please accept my apologies, (and PN, why the heck aren't they there, you have all the relevant details at that stage, you have accepted payment, and created the account and you definately provide details for dial up access in the intervening period on that page)
Also PN, why not make it clear that all this info can be found in the member centre (again apologies if that is already there)
And seeing I've apologised twice already, sorry to anyone else who wants an apology. Cheesy