cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

second email account

alkan
Dabbler

second email account

Im having a great deal of grief setting up a second account for my wife using O.E. with plusnet via mailwasher pro. no matter what i type in it returns in mailwasher as bad name or password. how and what should i type into the second account to set it up as tina@alkan.plus.com and not alan@alkan.plus.com. i hope someone can make sense of this post Sad
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

second email account

The username will be "alkan+tina" and the password that you specified when you created her mailbox through the PN portal (not your usual password).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

second email account

PS If you've only recently created the mailbox it does take a little while to become available.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
alkan
Dabbler

second email account

thanks replying but whats the PN portal
N/A

second email account

Portal is another name for the Plusnet Website. Once you have signed in, it the place you can control your account.

For example, when you set up the second mailbox via the link to the left, you were logged into the portal.
alkan
Dabbler

second email account

ive recently had the hd destroy itself so its a complete re-install of every thing and ive completely forgotten how to do a lot of it. so i hpope you can bear with me. :?
N/A

second email account

Of course we can bear with you - chances are you'll end up with different bits of help from different folks as time moves on and different people are around, but there's an almost limitless supply of folks who will help you.

If you go to the Email Settings link to the left of the screen, and then click on Configure Mailboxes, can you see the one you set up for the wife?

If not, you need to create one.

Click on Add Mailbox, and then enter tina in the box (if thats what you want before the @ symbol)
Choose a password and enter it too.

After a short delay (could be a few hours) you should be able to access your new mailbox using the username tina+alkan and the password you entered.

If the mailbox is there, you could reset the password by hitting the Edit button next to the mailbox name.
Community Veteran

second email account

After a short delay (could be a few hours) you should be able to access your new mailbox using the username tina+alkan and the password you entered.

Tut Tut James You should know better Smiley

It should be alkin+tina as the login name Cool
N/A

second email account

Doh.

*James goes to have a word with himself.* Shockedops:

Doing it my way would definately take more than a coupla hours.

Try John's way and you'll have much better results.

username+mailboxname

Me Bad. Shockedops:
JJ
Grafter

second email account

Trouble is all the spammers now have two more email addresses to use. Suggest you change it to some thing else because Tina will be none too pleased.

JohnH