cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduling progs

kosh2
Grafter

scheduling progs

Sadly hit the 10G mark this (long) month. Sad I wondered what progs people use that have scheduling bits?

At present I use Grabit for Usenet which I do like and Sharezza for p2p as I hate the donkey network.
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

scheduling progs

Hi,

Don't really use Usenet much these days but I have played around with setting up Windows Task Scheduler.

For BitTorrent I don't think you can beat UTorrent for scheduling, works brilliantly. Just tell it what hours you want to use it (and set a rate limit if you want) and what hours to turn it off and it just works.
FooAtari
Grafter

scheduling progs

Yeah utorrent is by far the best P2P app out there.

emule works ok for schedualing. Although downloads are usually slow anyway. But it just as so much stuff!
kosh2
Grafter

scheduling progs

Does uTorrent work with p2p? What networks?

Anyone any advice re usenet progs as I do more usenet than p2p.
N/A

scheduling progs

I use GrabIt with the standard Windows Scheduler for usenet and just leave my PC on. You have to go into options to disable a 'Resume batch' prompt when GrabIt starts. Other than that it is just a case of loading up the batch and then closing Grabit (saying OK to Save Batch? prompt). Dead easy, you can even use GrabIt's autoshutdown feature to switch the PC off at the end I think (not tried that yet from scheduler) ;o)

I started a thread on exactly this subject several months ago. May be worth a search.